Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

31 days :: Without Hearts There is No Home. ~ Lord Byron

. .. .. . .. .. . .. . .. . . .. .. . .. .. . ... . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . . . .. . .. . .. .. .. .
After you've established that "I want to make a connection" with people (which I admit can be very hard)... then it's time to take a deeper look at our hearts.

Make sure they {our own hearts}feel at home.
This is very important.
Are you at peace, content and in love with your own four walls?
Granted we all have those quirks we hope and wish to change - sooner then later - if we can.

But overall.
We ourselves, do we feel at home?  How are you when you walk in through the front door of your own home?  Do you feel the love?  What about the other souls under the same roof?  Do they?
I love this quote.

Without hearts there is no home. ~ Lord Byron


I remember trying to teach my children this - mostly by example - but then, in a practical sense as well.

One rainy afternoon - kind of like the recent weather of yesterday, and today, around our neck of the woods - it found us playing with the Pumpkin Spice Play Dough.
{Right there.  That whole combination makes me feel "at home".}

Both of my children, at the time, wanted me to make them a house out of the play dough.

And soon the story emerged... 
(hopefully you'll take the time to read.)

Jesus' love, filling our hearts first, is what makes our heart big enough -full enough-  to fill up our physical homes and to be able to extend that love outward to others.

***
Click on the button to see the previous posts in this series.  They're updated daily.

31daysofHeartsatHome

4 comments:

  1. Thats so true! Without heart,there is no home. How I pray for my kids,as well as others to love my home. To come in from the world,and make themselves at home. With Christs love in our hearts,we can reach out and offer that to our families,and to others! The playdough house was such a great idea Bevy! Im sure your kids will remember the lesson. Hands on lessons are ones that stick. Have a blessed day,and thankyou for sharing! Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christina.

      Blessings on you and your dear family.

      Delete
  2. Yes! I am in love with my four walls... and everyone and everything within!! It's a beautiful thing you do here on your blog. My prayers are covering your efforts..

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so much Debbie for your prayers on this 31 day adventure. I greatly appreciate them.

      Thanks for stopping by. Good to hear from you again.

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...