Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Daybook in November :: the Autumn Edition

. ... . .. .. .. . .. . .. .. . .. . .. .. . ... .. . ... . .. . .. ... .. . .. . .. . ... .. ... .. . .

                                                

Outside my window...
This morning was beautiful.  It seemed like every time I glanced out the kitchen window - while prepping coffee and packing my husband's lunch, for the day - that the skies were ever changing.  The vibrancy of the morning stirred me. First a golden white glow, then pink streaks followed by a deep grey blue.  And now just a beautiful sunshiny morning.

I am thinking...
I cannot believe it is NOVEMBER already... but here it is!

I am thankful...
That through the rage of this hurricane/storm that the East Coast just experienced that essentially we walked away untouched and with electricity. And - that through it all we were able to comfortably house guests; a family of five.
For the chance to "practice hospitality".  For gracious guests.

In the kitchen...
Nothing going in there right now - except coffee!
(because...)

I am wearing...
yes! I'm still in my PJ's this morning...

I am creating...
Last night I got a chance to sew.  Which was wonderful.  Right now, I am working on a Pocket Pouch to add to my Etsy. 

I am going...
To the Chiropractor today!  I go once a month and today is the day.

I am wondering...
If our first Christmas Concert Practice will be held tonight?  After all... a lot of our neighboring area is still without power. That might affect who's house it was going to be at tonight.  I know Caleb doesn't have school again today - due to the power outage.

I am reading...
Ordinary Days, by Dorcas Smucker
Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers
Dave Ramsey's Complete Guide to Money

I am hoping...
For a nice quiet day today.  Maybe a chance to finish sewing on that little project I started last night. And that Caleb really, really isn't coming down with another fever.  Please, not this again...

I am looking forward to...
Helping these friends of ours who stayed in our home for the past several days - actually move into the home they found to rent, yesterday. A home of their own.  Not because of anything that happened while they were here at our home, but because this is and was such an answer to prayer for them.

I am learning...
That it is always less of me and more of HIM!

Around the house...
I have some laundry to put away.  Some floors to sweep.  And some food ideas to think about awhile... for this upcoming weekend.

I am pondering...
Exactly, just how to answer this prompt? (smile!)

A favorite quote for today...
This one by Thomas Jefferson keeps coming back to me.
"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done."

One of my favorite things...
Watching my hubby wave to me from his car as he pulls away each morning.  And how that if the kids are awake before he leaves how they have to BE SURE to send him off with a hug and a kiss.  Me too!  but it is their near-tantrum-like behavior that happens if this gets missed.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Our small group is putting on a Fall Social on Saturday night, complete with a bonfire and singing.

A peek into my day...


Following along with the Simple Woman today... go HERE to read more of the Autumn Edition in Daybooks.

7 comments:

  1. Loved this peek into your day. I'm sorry I have been absent for a while. Life has gotten busy here and I haven't been on the computer to read my favorite blogs.... Yours being one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! If you could only see the smile that has reached from ear to shining ear.

      Thank you! Jenn - It's okay, because I know you're one busy mama, too.

      Delete
  2. You have precious little ones. I, too, cannot believe it is already November. I enjoyed reading your Daybook. I am always out visiting other blogs just to see how the rest of the world lives. I think that I find most of us are really busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to "meet" you - Paula. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Loved this post! And I think I will ponder on that quote from Thomas Jefferson.....it spoke to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to hear from you at *my place* Bevy. I so appreciated your thoughtful words there. :) This was a lovely post to read. I enjoy these peeks into life...sounds like lots has been going on in your home! What a blessing that you were able to have a family stay with you...I'm sure they really, really appreciate it!! :)

    Happy weekend!

    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Continuing to think of you and pray for your son.
      Trusting for resolve and healing for his situation.

      Blessings back to you!
      ~Bevy

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...