Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Daybook in January- 2013

. .. .. . .. . .. . .. ... . .. . .. . .. .. .. . .. . .. ... .. . . ...  . . ..
 
FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
The sun is shining- in and out - but oh, is it ever "chilly- willy" out there...Aah! and if there aren't even a few snowflakes or two.  Fun!

I am thinking...
That I'm hungry.  I really should be thinking about lunch and getting that together for everyone...

I am thankful...
for a warm house...

In the kitchen...
there is a clean swept up kitchen floor and after lunch, there will be dishes to do...

I am wearing...
a long jean skirt and my favorite orange, three-quarter length sleeved knit shirt...
Have I told you that I'm to wear 20-30mg Compression Stockings... leading up to an upcoming surgery, I'm to be having come March?  I found these great socks (a line for men) that are thick and dressy looking while having this compression built into them.  They look fine... they're men's because that way they are longer for me due to the size I need for my calves.  (okay, I hope that wasn't too much information...but anyway.)

I am creating...
((oh, wait till you see this...))
I promise. I have a post coming up, soon, that is a DIY project and I'm so excited.

I am going...
to my sister's place, later this afternoon.  My nephew, is having a birthday later this week and the cousins always enjoy getting together...

I am wondering...
What do you get a soon-to-be 7 year old boy, for his birthday?

I am reading...
Finally!  I picked up the book - "The Mission Of Motherhood", by Sally Clarkson.  I've been wanting to read this book for sometime now and so now I am.  It's been interesting...

I am hoping...
that all this cold weather we've been having, here of late, will create some ice out there on those little ole ponds.  I've been wanting to take the children out to "experience" ice skating.  I'm hoping I can find skates that they'll fit into to, if not, they'll start with just their boots...

I am looking forward to...
spending the evening with family.  A pizza party, with birthday cake!

I am learning...
This about myself:
 
sounds like me! 
(via HERE
 
I am pondering...
this whole Mothering thing.  Some of you are going to get this.
Why is it some days are so crazy. Upside down. Nothing gets done.  Everything gets done - wrong!  You want to, have to start over - but how? and where?  And other days, without asking... it's all one big BLISS.
Smiles and Joy.
Everyone is...
 Kind. Loving. Tender. Patient

Around the house...
In cleaning out some closets the other day ... I was able to haul some several bags of clothing off to local Five & Dime (as my hubby likes to call it - I call it a Thrift Store), this morning.

A favorite quote for today..."Home is not where you live, but where they understand you." ~ Christian Morgenstern

One of my favorite things...

Cookies and Cream Chocolate Candy with a Cup of Coffee.
And, how many C's did you see in that sentence?  Hopefully you answered 7.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
A friend is coming by to pick up the two bags she requested from me.
I have a follow-up dentist appointment - finishing up a recent root canal that I had done.
If I would wrote this up last night I would have had more plans to write here, but as of this morning... those plans have changed.

A peek into my day...




By the way.  This post took all day to write...done in bits and pieces.  AND - now it's time to leave, and get this party started.

Joining up with Peggy, from The Simple Woman's Daybook.  You can too!

4 comments:

  1. Bevy- I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the book. I led a study over it last summer and half the girls loved it . And half the girls didn't. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's deep!!

      So far it's okay, I'm enjoying it for sure but... I have one problem. My problem is that I only really get a chance to read at night and my comprehension level at that point is not very sharp. Before I know it....it's "lights out" and I roll over, I'm asleep.

      Delete
  2. A great look into your day! I loved your learning about yourself... perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...