Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Make it Yourself :: tater skins

. .... ... . .. . .. ... . ... . . .. . .  .... . . .... .. .. ... .. .. 
These are frozen potato skins.  Just in case you couldn't tell... (grin!)

Yeah, I didn't know what to talk about today - so I thought I'd pull something out of the freezer!  Actually, out of the archives is more like it.  Because, like I said I wasn't sure what to write about today and I remembered I was going to post this like, last year (almost to the day!)... and that never happened.  Oh well.

We're not a HUGE Super Bowl family around here. If anything, it's fun to get together for the food.  Amen?  But, a little football is fun   Especially when watching the Washington Redskins play and anyone else who plays against Dallas... oops! Did I just say that?  That is my husband's line.  And especially now that our son is starting to take a little bit more of a keen interest - sitting alongside of Dad - learning about each play by play of the game..

Anyway.  I guess you can tell who we're Fans or NOT fans of... but that's another subject.

I know one thing.  I'm a fan of...
Tater Skins.

Having these things on hand is really fun.  

I will buy up a bag of Russet Potatoes.  Bake them.  Scoop out the pulp and use that to make a Baked Potato Soup or say maybe a potato casserole of sorts... and flash freeze the skins by laying them out on a cookie sheet.  Freeze them solid and stack into a large Ziploc - until I need a couple here or there.

I will either brush melted butter or egg white - depending on my mood. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper, per taste.

By the way, there is no need to thaw before baking.

And then sprinkle with shredded cheddar, crumbled -up fried bacon and/or chives.

Bake at 375* for - I don't know - maybe up to 8-10 minutes.  Till they look and smell right. :)  (that's how I fly in the kitchen...)

Serve up with Sour Cream.

***

Do you have a Super Bowl Party planned and do you like to dish it up good?  What are some of your favs to bring to the table?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...