Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pondering :: Always.

... .. .. . . .. .. . ..... ... ... .. .. . .. . .. .. .. .. . .
Here are just a few rambling thoughts I had over the holidays...
What do you think about this?
 
 ***

Can you imagine a perfectly, sinless child?   

I'm trying to, too... 


Isn't that a seeming bit of oxymoron, right there?  Perfect.  Sinless.  Child?

Scripture says He {Jesus, the son of God!} was tempted... .. ... yet without sin. (Matthew 4:1-11, Hebrews 4:15)

I got to thinking about what it must have been like to have been Mary, the mother of Jesus, and to watch this of her young son, unfold, with him being on the so-called brink of a precipice: that fine line of "being tempted" to act out, to whine, to complain, to argue, to fight, to be selfish, and yet to go about -day and night - without actually sinning.

Against siblings.  Against neighbors.  Against parents.  Against anyone or anything.

As a parent.  We all can imagine her other children, full blown in their unrighteousness.  All clamoring for their needs to be met "at once" and yet here was her ONE - the ONLY One - Child, living life among his own family - as a perfect child.  The Child of GOD!  Scripture also says that "his own received him not.  I wonder if this didn't  start at home first?  I wonder if this didn't cause even more of an angst in Mary's soul. 

We all know it doesn't take long for the youngest of the young to show evidences of the born-into-sin nature.  And how that fires up our own sin-nature.  It's a struggle to walk Christ-like all of the time. Isn't it? We can though, because he lives in us.

But...I still wonder.

What must have that been like?  Always kind.  Always good.  Always loving.  Always true.  Always. HOLY.

I'm grateful He was. And is. And ALWAYS will be.

Sinless.

Always Perfect.

... .. .... .. ...  ..

Keep those entries coming for my "Evergreen for Me" Giveaway!  You have till Friday evening at 10Pm, EST.

2 comments:

  1. Aah, the never-ending need for patience with these little people we are given by God to raise up. It puts it in great perspective to think of God's patience with us. When I see sin in my children, I pause and remember that that is often the face I also present to God. Mary was blessed indeed to have Jesus as her child, but at times her humanness must have frustrated her. I know sometimes I am peeved with my children when it is really just me and my own sinfulness. I enjoy your posts. I found you on my daughter-in-law's blog. http://www.homemakerdesign.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sound tracks. I am playing them in the background while I read blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...