Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Gooey Coffee Butter Bars

.. .. .. .. . .. . .. . .. .. . .. .. .. .. .. . ... .. . .. . .. . .. . ... .. . .. . .. .. . ..
Let's take these Gooey Butter Bars and kick them up a notch.  Shall we?

The other day, I was really feeling the need to fix something a bit on the creative side - shall we say?
And I got to thinking about these Gooey Butter Bars,  and how I've made them -once- in Neapolitan fashion.  They turned out eh, not too bad, I suppose.   ;) ~ grin...
This was where I used a Strawberry Cake Mix for the crust, instead of a yellow.  I made the recipe as is, but drizzled melted chocolate over them... oh, and I sprinkled white chocolate chips into the gooey butter part.  

YUMMO.

But, this time, I wanted something even different than that.  More dark... and decadent.


How about a Coffee Version?


To the filling, I added One Tablespoon of Instant Coffee granules.
The recipe also called for melted butter instead of softened.
Which helped to dissolve the coffee.

If you need the recipe again.  Here it is.

:: Gooey Coffee Butter Bars ::

1 box of a Yellow Cake Mix
1 egg
1 stick of melted butter.

Mix well and press into a 9 x 13 greased baking pan.

1 - 8oz softened cream cheese
2 eggs
1 stick of melted butter
2 cups of confectioners sugar

to which I added 1 Tablespoon of Instant Coffee Granules.
Bake at 350* for 40-50 minutes.  Don't overbake.  The filling should be a little gooey. ;)
After pulling from the oven.  Sprinkle with cinnamon - to taste - and finish off with some more confectioner's sugar.  Serve either room temp. or chilled.

 ** the Cinnamon is a wonderful addition... don't go without it!!
***

One thing that I did not mention is that to the crust I added something I had in my cabinet.  I'm so sad to tell you that Pampered Chef (where I got the product) no longer has this available.
It is their Mocha Hazelnut Sprinkle Mix. (see it pictured HERE!)
I just threw about a 1/4 cup of it into the crust part.

I got to thinking...
I bet some crushed Oreo cookie crumbs and coffee granules (mixed) would be about the same idea.
Unless there is another company out there who makes something like this.  I would love to know about it.

It's a shame they (P.C.) no longer carry this fabulous product.

Let me know if you try this coffee version of Gooey Butter Bars!  I would be honored.


3 comments:

  1. Well, I didn't bake them myself, but I had yours, Bevy!! YUMMO! (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tasting...

    Glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to imagine how you could improve on something called gooey butter bars.. Hmm, the addition of coffee? Yep. Now I know that you said that you had done another version drizzled with chocolate and I must say here that I will make the coffee version and include the drizzle thus I am certain creating the absolutely PERFECT Debbie dessert! Thank you, thank you for including the recipe. I will let you know how they turn out!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...