Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Grilled Cheese Breakfast Casserole

... . .... .... . . . . . .. ... . .. . ... . .... .. . .. . .. ... .. . .. . .. . .. .. . .. . .

Only a mom would think of this.  ONLY a mom would serve this.  To her own family... of course.


But in our house... I will make grilled cheese...and over time I've thrown out more leftovers and, or I will have tried to save them and gross! but who wants to eat a soggy leftover grilled cheese sandwich?
I thought to myself, something has got to be done about this...

So.  I started a freezer collection - I had an idea!.  Trying to be the frugal mother I should be and am... I started to save the leftovers and throwing them into the freezer.
After awhile the bag was full.  This particular morning, I pulled the bag and let the sandwiches thaw a bit.  Tore them into pieces and tossed them into a buttered casserole dish along with ...

*2-3 eggs, whisked *
* 1 1/2 cups milk *
* salt and pepper *
 * 1/4 - 1/2 cup fried bacon or ham pieces (opt.) *
 * garlic salt *
* parsley flakes *
* more shredded cheddar cheese - 1/2 cup or so. (opt.) *
Go ahead, feel free to add anything else you can think of to jazz it up, even more.

(You're going to have guesstimate what you'll need for how much grilled cheese bread is in there, as I just gave you approximate amounts. 
If you know me at all... you'll know that I'm a dump cook!)

This size bowl is a 1 1/2 quart size casserole.


It was a winner!

***

Have a deliciously delightful day.  And, hey! start it with a Grilled Cheese, why not?

8 comments:

  1. I'm afraid the words "Grilled Cheese" and "Leftovers" don't appear in the same sentence in this house... : )

    LOVE the picture of Caleb and Jayne!!!!!!

    Have a great day Bevy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing as Kristy - we NEVER have any grilled cheese left over. It's usually more an issue of not having ENOUGH. However, that casserole looks YUMMMMMMOO!!

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a genius. How do you come up with these ideas? It's certainly a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea! (I never measure anything either) I do this for bread bits and ends, but never with sandwhiches.s sadly, there is never a single piece of leftover grilled cheese in our house. not a crumb, ever ;) my kids eat like horses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No left over grilled cheese in this household either. But this sounds like a good recipe and I would make some fresh grilled cheese to just put in it. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, my eyes went right past your creative, thrifty meal to your adorable kiddos. They are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! You know, I've searched Google high and low, and you have the only recipe to deal with leftover grilled cheese sandwiches. My kids are unpredictable eaters: If you make them 1/2 a grilled cheese, they want more, and if you make them 2, they only eat 1/2 of one! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...