Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Just Because, Part Two!

.. .. .. .. ... . ... . .. .. .... .. . .. .. . .. .. . .. ... . . . .... .. .. .. .. .. . .. . .. .
You didn't know you would get a second post from me today, did you?

How are you, this here Valentine's Day?

Did you enjoy the snow this morning?  I just thought it was so pretty.
Of course, I was out there taking photos hoping to "make it last longer"....right?  Right.
Hence the photo from my other post... which I was having fun with.  Did you read the story I shared with you, this morning?  You must...all you need to do is to scroll down and read it.  Very sweet.
Just Because. 

Sitting in church this past Sunday morning.. I glanced down at my left hand bearing this band of gold and precious stone and thought of this post I had written a couple of years ago.  I wanted to share it with you all, today, as a "re-post"; a token of appreciation to my hubby for all of his hard work, love and shown commitment to our Marriage Union.


:: And With This Ring ::

(a re post)
I don't share this picture, with you, to brag...but here goes. Yes! this is my engagement ring. Not in its original form though, you see I've always wanted a piece of heirloom jewelry. I have always liked pearls. Not that I wear, wear them, but on special occasion I would certainly choose pearls over other stones. My original diamond ring was a ring that my Mother-in-law had bought for herself years ago. She sold the ring to Scott when he proposed to me... so really, in a sense, it has started the path to being an heirloom. I liked it. It was now mine. But, I often thought how I would really like to add two pearls on either side of the diamond - just because - it would REALLY be me. I didn't mention it very often because I knew it would cost a pretty penny... and it seemed even, somewhat frivolous. I never dreamed it would happen.

So, while down in VA, this past time... we needed to go into the store where the ring was first purchased and have my original setting looked at because one of the prongs seemed bent. While there my husband, who is Mr. Financial-Right-On (bless his heart), who can also be Mr. Spontaneity-full-of-Surprises, says to Regina, behind the counter, "... and with this ring... we would like to add two pearls, one on each side of the diamond... what can you do for us?".  
For ME?!??!!? 
~~~
They weren't sure, but would check into it. A day and a half later...they called, and said it was ready for pick up.
Let me tell you... I cried when I saw this ring being handed to me across the counter. I even made Regina tear up. I didn't try to make her cry. It just really blessed me to know that with this ring I will always have a memory, and a moment of "gasp"(times two, the first being at proposal), plus lots of tears. Now, I can say that the two pearls represent my two children. Not because pearls are their birthstones (though pearl is mine) but because they really are two precious souls. If only folks would stop asking; "What are you going to do if you have more children?". My answer. I guess that possibility remains to be seen.
I just want to add a little dialogue that took place as I tried on the ring in the store. As I slipped it onto my finger, I said, "aah, this is like getting married all over again", the customer standing next to me says "humph, and that's supposed to be a good thing?" and I said "YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes it is a good thing. And I would say, I would marry this man all over again. Not because I am caught up in the emotion of this gift he has given me, this moment of spontaneity that has taken place, but because of who he his, and of who I've become as his wife... because of us. We are ONE!  
With this ring, I thee wed...

Because.
Just Because...
I love this man. xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, this is SO sweet!! What a beautiful ring Bevy!! Thank you for re-posting this - it was new to me! Happy Valentine's day to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful story. It brings a tear to my eye too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, you made me cry. The ring is GORGEOUS! I haven't been able to wear my diamond for years. When we moved, we couldn't find a jeweler we trusted in this huge city. When we finally found one, she "fixed" it and it lasted only three months. You've inspired me to try again! I miss wearing the ring that my man gave me when he pledged his life and heart to me 28 years ago.

    Love that you and Scott are still so in love. The happily ever after is the best part, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...