Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, March 25, 2013

A Daybook in March



. .. .. .. . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ... . .. .. . .. .. . .. .... . . .. .. ... ... 

FOR TODAY
 The last Monday in the month of March...








Outside my window...
It looks a bit chilly out there.  There is a call, in the forecast, for some more snow...today (typing this at 6am-ish!)  and tomorrow.
 Oh Look!  It is snowing..

I am thinking...
If we get what they say we'll get - it will be the first accumulative snow amount of this Spring!  We've already had what we thought were the "onion snows".

I am thankful...
for a wonderful, action-packed weekend that involved lots of friends and family...

In the kitchen...
It sure was nice to come downstairs this morning to the smell of a fresh-brewed pot of coffee.  My hubby likes to do that once in a while.  Prep the coffee pot!

I am wearing...
A dark blue, floral flouncy skirt and black tee-shirt.

I am creating...
Another "custom" bag order has come in from a friend of mine...
 she wants a little bit of Zebra print in it.  And a long "over-the-shoulder" strap - just one!

I am going...
Today!  I go to the Surgeon for my follow-up appointment and to get my stitches taken out.
I am wondering...how that is going to go?  I really wonder if I've done "right" what is expected as far as wearing the compression stockings I was and am to continue to wear for the remainder of the six weeks.

UPDATE:  I went!  Looks great.  He's happy.  Stitches are gone. "Keep doing what your doing." yadda, yadda...

I am reading...
Staying Close, by Barbara and Dennis Rainey
For Women Only, by Shaunti Feldhahn

I am hoping...
That nobody gets "sicker".  Last night - I should say yesterday - my four year old sounded like he was losing his voice.  Of course he thought is was funny and so he would continue to talk - with that deep scratchy voice.  But then, Scott had it too...
Sicker?  Well... I'm just hoping it doesn't turn into anything.  My husband will get this, laryngitis thing, quite often - as does his mom - and Caleb is from the same tree...

I am looking forward to...
to this white stuff.  Look at it coming down!  But... I'm also looking forward to getting my fingernails dirty in some soil out there.

I am learning..
that Weekend to Remember? That Marriage Retreat? It was a very timely and much needed blessing into our lives and relationship.  I am learning that I am still learning... and will continue to learn about relationships and how "it works".  Particularly in marriage..

Around the house...
Again.  I came downstairs this morning to a kitchen "cleaned up" and ready to go.  My husband was thoughtful to come help dry the dishes while I washed em up.  It's a rare thing for my mountain to disappear as fast as I'm building it.  It was lovely!

I am pondering...
DID YOU KNOW?  There were FIVE weekends - Friday, Saturday and Sunday - in the month of March! That this hasn't happened in 823 years.

A favorite quote for today...
There is one I keep coming back to, although I don't think I've ever shared it before (here!).
"Real friends are those who, when you've made a fool of yourself, don't feel that you've done a permanent job."  - taken from one of my many cookbooks, believe it or not.

One of my favorite things...
Is having Sunday Guests... over to our home for lunch. Nothing fancy - but... Spontaneously!
Which happened yesterday.  What a wonderful day.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
anticipating Good Friday service and this upcoming Easter weekend.  I'm sure some food preparation will be involved.

A peek into my day...


You've seen this photo before - maybe - but my camera battery is dead today and on the charger. ;(  I pulled a  photo from the archives because looking out my window - this is pretty much what it looks like around here as of now.

Love it!

***
 Joining up, today, with Peggy, from the Simple Woman's Daybook!

Enjoy your day to it's fullest...
My hubby is working from home today - so I get to enjoy that too!   For reals...

2 comments:

  1. hey girlie...we got it too. kinda ready for it be gone already though. i've got spring fever in a bad way. ready to feel the warmth of the sun on my skin...flipflops. always lovely to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always lovely to hear from you, too. Here at my place. Thanks so much for coming by.

      And yes! Spring's warmth (even though it is Spring!) and sunshine will be here sooner then we know.

      For me! it's hanging wash on the line with the blades of grass between my toes.. ;)

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...