Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bevy's Breakfast Quiche

. .. . .. . .. . .. .. . .... . . .. . .. . . .. . ... . .. . .. .. . .. . .. .. .. .. . .. .. . ..
As promised, from last week...
Bevy's Breakfast Quiche!

I've been meaning to bring to you another "made-up" recipe...one that is so versatile and so delicious.
Here, you see mushrooms.  But those don't have to be in there if you don't care for them.  This recipe allows for creativity and imagination.  Which is why I love this.

I started out with a small baking pan.  Approximate size: 8"x8". Greasing it, of course.

The first time I made this dish, with fresh spinach...I forgot to take a photo.  I'll be honest.  I liked it better the first time I made.  ** Disclaimer:  I eye-ball everything and guess approximately - so the amounts given in the ingredient list may vary for you.

Take about 4 hash brown patties (semi-frozen) and lay them in the bottom of the pan.  Next add your veggies.  Either fresh  baby spinach, or a combo of such.
Spinach (fresh).
Mushrooms, sliced (fresh).
Chopped onion.
Fresh herbs..
Here is where you can add some fried, crumbled bacon pieces or other chopped meat..

Put this in the oven at 375* awhile - to give the potatoes/veggies a chance to get cooking through.  Next, while that is in the oven, begin mixing the following ingredients..mixing well.  You could use a blender or hand mixer if you would like.  I just used a hand whisk..

1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup Bisquick Mix
1 1/2 - 2 cups milk
1 cup shredder cheddar cheese or a mixture of your favorite cheeses
3-5 eggs (I used four for the 8x8 size baking dish)
pinch of salt and pepper
dash of dried parsley or use fresh as mentioned above (to taste)
1 cup of vegetables or meat (which you already have in the pan)

Pull the pan from the oven (remember it is hot!) and add this mixture on top of veggies.  Turn oven down to 350* and continue baking for 30-40 minutes or until it testes clean with a knife.

***

If you go ahead and make this...let me know what you thought and what for combination you put together.  It would be great to hear.

By the way.
I'm headed out to a Taste of Home Cooking School this evening with a couple of friends. Have you ever attended one of these?   I always look forward to the opportunity when I can head out to one of these.

As usual, I'm always up for learning something new when it comes to the kitchen; making delicious, healthy & tempting meals for my beautiful family.

2 comments:

  1. What fun! (the Taste of Home show) :) Did you win anything??
    :) Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, I was torn... I sure wanted to be at CG, as well. But the time out with my mom and friends was fun - and no, I didn't win anything.

      I never win.

      Have you ever gone to one of these cooking shows?

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...