Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday's Finds | Photo Board

.. . .. .. . .. . .. . .. . .. .. .... . . .. .. .. ... .. .. .. . .. .. ..
It's been so long that I have done a Friday's Finds for you.  So here it goes.  By they way, this DIY project has been a long time in the making...and it is finally hanging in the back hallway.

Friday's Finds, You ask?

{For those of you who are new to this blog and/or just poppin' in - Hello and Welcome! Often on Fridays I like to try and feature "a find" of no particular value or sentiment, no reason or rhyme and yet, exactly for all of those reasons I just mentioned.}

\
I discovered these very old window frames at my aunt's place - around the same time frame I found this piece, in her garage they were trying to clean out.  
Fall of 2011? - Yes!, that is how long ago this project was in the works.  

 I knew what I wanted to do with the four-pained frame. I wanted to scrape it off and paint it a rustic black.  Nothing perfect and shiny.  Rough!   But for the "inside" - I wasn't sure if I wanted to do cardboard covered with linen or burlap.  Or, if I was going to go the cork board route.  I had trouble finding cork board...(mind you I am frugal) and I also didn't want  it to get "expensive".


And then.  Recently - I had a Blessings Unlimited Gathering.  I'm so glad I had one of those. Not just because my items came in GOOD, STURDY boxes (thank you, very much!) but because I love Blessings.  (More on that another time... stay tuned! I promise.)
Anyway. Yes!  These boxes were perfect.  This was a no-brainer.  I went with the cardboard covered in burlap.   I was able to cut a total of four pieces of cardboard and I covered them with burlap that I had on hand.  You see glue in this photo - which I did not end up using.  I just cut the cardboard (and with the burlap) close enough that  it was a tight enough fit.


So.  The photos.  I picked out a few of my favorites... just to show you.  This is my intention of using this piece.  It is finally now hanging in our back hallway.  There are four sections (you only see three!) and in effort to keeping the fridge clean(er).  I have decided that this will now be our Photo Board.

One problem  I have in mind a certain type of thumbtack/pin, that I would like to use... and have yet to come across them.  So, for now the Photo Board hangs empty...
((sad, to say..))

PS:  I know you're all laughing at the wall  this board is hanging on.  If you must know.. yes!  I have to live with the hallway and our back bathroom - and those walls.  Gold (never mind the print) is not really my thing... but what are you going to do when you rent?  Nothing. But the best you can.

***

Have yourself a wonderful weekend.  Do you have any plans to hang out with some good friends?  I sure do.

I look forward to our monthly ladies breakfast in the morning.


7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is really nice!! I like it a lot!! And boo on the wallpaper - won't they let you change it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird. It's actually not wall paper but a wipe-able wall board. It's weird (oh I already said that). Probably from the 70's.

      After how many years here? I've turned a blind eye and have the bathroom "decorated" with purples and greens to help.

      Like I said - you do the best you can with what you've got.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea!! I love it!! Have a blessed weekend~~oh and if you need something to do tomorrow, there's an Easter Egg Hunt at our church at 2 PM, rain or shine. It's done by our Outreach committee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow... the gold design in your house has been turned beautiful - if you ask me. (and my mom!;) Your loving touch transforms, once again! :)
    - Your neighbor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know - "A".. your mom loves it.

      Another reason why I love your mom. Too funny.

      Delete
  4. Love it Bevy. Looks beautiful. By the way, was really nice to see you the other night. Did you see that my sister won a Beyers Choice doll? Fun huh?! As always it was very informative. Enjoy your breakfast tomorrow. Oh, and I'm back at learningaswego. Gave up on the prim thing. Too much trouble with the sites. Come and visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out beautiful! I also picked up an old frame and I am still waiting to figure out what to do with it!

    I hope you are feeling better! I am glad you had such a nice weekend with your hubby. What a romantic weekend!

    Johanna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...