Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Liebster Award

 . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . ... .. . .. ... .. .. . ... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ... .. . .. . . ..
A couple of weeks? ago I was nominated for a Liebster Award!  
 
What is a Liebster Award?

A Liebster Award is a traveling award that is awarded to new bloggers (although, I'm not that new!!) with less than 200 followers. Those nominated then pass the award on to 11 other bloggers who also have less than 200 followers.
I was nominated by my great blogging bud - Kaitlin, from Homemaker Design. Thank you, so much, for your nomination!

Along with the nomination, there are a few rules I have to follow within this post.
THE RULES:
  1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
  2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
  3. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
  4. Go to their page and tell them.
  5. Remember, no tag backs.
11 FACTS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME:
  • Green is my favorite color - but only certain shades.
  • I'm not a Scaredy Cat.  I mean, I don't mind bugs, earthworms, mice (dead or alive), snakes, ants, dust bunnies, hairballs, etc.  I just don't always like it when they're out of their territory and in mine.
  • I have never had to shave my face..true!  :)
  • I wish I could play piano or guitar.  Preferably acoustic guitar..
  • my first car was a Silver Plymouth Arrow (or Mitsubishi Jet), 5-speed.  That is what I learned to drive on.
  • oh, and I failed my drivers' test minutes before even taking the road/course test. I had to come back another day.  Long story.. true.  That.
  • I was twenty-three years old when my dad passed away. I am the oldest of nine children: six girls first and then my three brothers followed. (freebie fact for you, there).
  • I make (and eat!) SPAM - at least once, every other week.  The kids love it!  Spamburgers is what we call them.
  • About 18 yrs ago, I traveled as a Nanny for a Prison Ministry Team, based out of Goshen, Indiana for about 6 months. I helped to care for their three young children.  Imagine this: Five adults and three kids on an 8' x 45' bus...talk about needing to grow in flexibility!  Wonderful experience...for sure.
 This is hard to come up with stuff.  I must have led (am still leading) a very boring life..  Let's see, what do I have so far?  Nine facts?  Okay..two more..

  • I met my husband on eHarmony!!  almost nine years ago.  That was the best thing I could have ever done.  Tell me, I ain't right...
  • Shhh!  Fact #11.  I'm not really sure if I'm ready to share this yet or not... but I think I'm really close to writing (finishing up) a General Interest/House and Home sort of Coffee-Table type of book...Lord Willing, something will come of it one day.  Maybe only in my dreams... but it is okay to dream, pray! and see what might come of it... right?
These are the questions that my friend Kaitlin asked of me..

1. Why do you love living where you do?
It's where I grew up.  I know EVERYBODY - or so it seems.  My "circle" goes pretty far..., too.  So - my hubby (who is from the South) says, "I can't take you anywhere without you knowing someone or recognizing them or better yet, that you're related to".
2. Quilt, comforter or duvet?
Quilt girl all the way...
I'm so grateful that I've been blessed to have been given a "taste" into quilt-making.  The Art-form that it is... and I sure do wish I had room in my home to set up to do more of it..
3. What is your cooking style? And your favorite ‘recipe’?
My cooking style?  Do you not know? Have you not heard??  I am a "dump" cook... all thanks to my Grammy.  You can read more about it HERE!  My favorite recipe (at the time) is the one that is being asked for by someone who just enjoyed the dish!
4. Coffee or tea – and how do you take it? 
HOT.  I'm assuming this question is referring to hot over cold.  I will take Black Coffee - anytime of day. Thank you!  ;)
5. What kind(s) of music do you enjoy?
I grew up singing Acappella - four part harmony.  So to find music that I can sing along with comfortably is:  Southern Gospel, Country Gospel, some Country music and Praise & Worship.  I enjoy Contemporary Christian Music, too, don't get me wrong.  But there are very few groups/singers out there that I can harmonize with.. in that genre.
6. Company calls – they’ll be there in 20 minutes – what do you do?
First, I would have to take a deep breath.  Knowing that my house may not be ready... but making sure that my heart is...I would quickly throw around a few "food ideas" of what I could serve to eat and prep the coffee maker.  :)
7. What is one skill, which you do not possess, that you admire in others?
Oh boy... I guess it would be to ask right questions; interesting questions, to draw others out more.  To keep a conversation going... well.  I don't engage the way I think I would like to... and I love it when I there are those out there who can keep a meaningful conversation going and it makes sense.  Its not all fumbly and mumbly like I so often bring to the table.
8. You have a free afternoon – no hubby, no kids, no responsibilities- how do you spend it?
Ahh!  this has happened for me... and I admit, I don't even know where to start.  There is much I would like to do, want to do, have to do (this is not responsibilities!)... and so I usually waste a lot of time figuring out, like I said, where to begin and what to do first.
9. What is your favorite piece of furniture that you own and why?
This one is hard.  It's not so much the furniture we own - because it can feel so random - but it is those random pieces that have been handed down from family.  Heirloom pieces?
10. Current reading material?
I'm still soaking up the material we "gathered" from the Weekend to Remember.  Books from there on Marriage and Relationships.   Oh, and also, our small group (with Church) is going through the Five Love Languages book, by Gary Chapman.
11. What is your go-to scripture verse? 
I would have to say, probably Isaiah 43:1-4, 18-19 and 45:2-12
Again, that is so hard.. to answer.  There is so much I cling to... and yet, not hard enough.  You know?

***

Well, there you have my eleven little known facts, about me... and my answers to Kaitlin's questions.
I thought of several people... whom I would love to pass this on to.  I hope they'll accept this award...
and, I'm sorry if I don't follow all of the rules.  This won't be 11 other bloggers (I don't think) and I'm not so sure they all have less than 200 followers.
But here we go!!

Kelli - Learning as We Go
Jenny - Baily and Me 2  (Where I live and Create)
Clarita - The Cottage at 341 South
Katy - The Country Blossom
Hope - Hopeful Things
Mary Ann - Mary Ann's House
Mrs. Brown - Roller Mill Farms
Leanna - Thoughts and Whatnots  (I understand, you just had a new baby a couple of weeks ago.)
Christine - Vista Woman
Dori - The Red Feedsack

Alright - so I will hit eleven..  Last, but not least..

Dee - Collector of Moments  (Dee, I know you're gone for a month or two - but I'll wait to hear from you, later..)

Shew!  Here are my eleven questions.  I'll contact each of these ladies on their individual blogs, letting them know I nominated them for this fine Liebster Award and hopefully they'll accept it and take it from there.

1. Your blog title/name?  How did it come about... is there a story?
2. Books.  Who is your favorite author?  What is your style?
3. Speaking of Style.  Who/what inspires you in your wardrobe selection?
4. If you're a mom! - Any advice you could share?  If you're not... What do you wish you could share?
5. In blogging.. Do you share your Faith?  Why or Why not?
6. Collections... What is yours?  Baskets?  Cookbooks?  - How did you get started?
7. Do you have that one "best friend" - what makes her a great friend?  Give me just two-three words.
8. Pizza or Stromboli? Would that be homemade or "Take Out"?
9. Camera advice...is needed.  What would you recommend?
10. And your favorite flower is...?
11. Tell me that one idiosyncrasy you LOVE about yourself..

***
Thank you again, Kaitlin - for nominating me.  This was lots of fun... and way to time consuming.. eeks!  By the way,,, Kaitlin is doing a NEW thing over on her blog.  She is calling it a 1000 Words - A Visual Journey of the Everyday.  Basically it means linking up with a single photo, once a week, that speaks in it's own way - a Thousand Words.  Check it out!!  I'm sure she wouldn't mind if a few more would join in.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh - so glad you accepted!! And thank you for all the shout outs and for spreading my 1000 Words post linkup! I'm excited!

    I loved your random facts! I haven't had SPAM since I was a kid...but I think I remember I liked it! :) A BOOK?!?! Awesome - I hope you get it out there....or at least get me a copy! ;) Wow - the nanny thing sounds interesting - you should share more on that!

    As for the questions I asked, I knew you'd say quilt! ;) Hhahah, for the coffee/tea one I was more interested in what you take (or in your case, don't take) in it - I never thought about it being hot or cold - up in the Great White North - we don't drink that much cold tea or coffee - hot all year long - even in our crazy hot summers - we're strange like that here! But good to know just the same! ;) I had to laugh at your response to my 'free afternoon' question - I totally feel the same - I'd waste it trying to figure out what thing to do first! ;) hahah! Oh, some great scripture versus there!!

    Well thank you so much for partaking! It was really great reading your answers and facts!! I like the questions you came up with too!!

    God bless you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a Liebster award last month. You can check it out if you'd like. I love your answers and getting to know you better. I love Spam too (although my husband hates it) and thought it was really interesting to know you were a nanny! I am definitely a quilt girl too. My mom was a quilter and I'm so fortunate to have several that she made for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...