Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

She don't know she's beautiful..

. ... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . ... ... .... ... .. .. .. .. .. ... .. .. .. ... .. . .. ..
This line, She don't know she's beautiful, kept running through my mind, this morning.  I know it is a line of lyric in a country song..  But that isn't what made me think of it.

Do you have any idea what did?

Tulip Flower Wallpaper 4
{photo source}

You see, I have a baby girl (soon to be two years of age) who, when she is in the midst of pulling all strings to get her own way...

She is still beautiful.

I have a four year old daughter who when she is outright pouty and all bunches of whining because she didn't win the game or what have you..

She is still beautiful.

My girls.  They don't know this about themselves - unless I tell them.
I do... because, I love them!

The same goes for myself.

There are days we honestly don't deserve to be called beautiful.

But it says it right here, in Ecclesiastes 3:11.  This is what Scripture says about our Creator..

He has made EVERYTHING beautiful... in its time.

And everything that He has made - He declares as good. (Genesis 1:31)

This includes us as people, His created.

And how do we know were beautiful? We don't, really, unless we're told.
~~~
I like how these verses apply and encourage our hearts, as well.

I Peter 3:3-5
For beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.  Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit which is of great worth in God's sight.  For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to makes themselves beautiful.

Sometimes to obtain this type of beauty takes time.  And to have this sort of beauty - well, it needs to be cultivated. Encouraged.  And declared.

***
If you see this kind of beauty in someone, will you tell them so ~ today?!?!?!

If someone did tell you this today - would you believe it to be true?  And humbly accept it..?

8 comments:

  1. Oh Bevy... such a timely post.
    When looking in the mirror, I see gray hair, wrinkles, age spots and a waist line that keeps getting larger.
    I know, deep down, that it's not the outer beauty but the inner makeup.
    YOU are showing us your inner beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "...it's not the outer beauty but the inner makeup."

      I really like how you said that, Christine.


      and thank you! but so are you. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenn!

      You know? You are one of the most beautiful soul's I know.


      Delete
  3. Wow! Ecc 3:11 was the exact verse from the devos I did with the girls this AM! I want to read this to them tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your beautiful self with me today Bevy! I love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Lindsay - that is really neat..

      Thanks for sharing this with me! ;)

      See you Saturday evening?

      Delete
  4. Bevy, your words are beautiful and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia - right back at you!

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...