Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Daybook in May

    .. .. ... ... . .. .. .. .. ... .. .. ... .. .... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ... .. . .. . .. .

FOR TODAY (I wrote this last night..as in, anticipating the events of today.

Outside my window...
The day is now over, as I type.  The night sky has settled on like a woolen blanket..it's cozy and very dark outside.  The Littles are by now - hopefully - asleep in their beds.

I am thinking...
that I'm glad this day is done. But what a good day!! And, I'm thinking back six years ago...

Keep reading...

I am thankful...that six years ago, today - our son Caleb arrived safely into this world, via an emergency C-section.  I'm so, so grateful for hospitals.  And competent doctors and nurses who love what they do and do it well.

In the kitchen...are freshly baked cookies ready for my son to take into his class at school.  I asked what he wanted to treat his class with and he answered ... "your Chocolate Chip cookies, Mom!"

I am wearing...
My PJ's.  - of course.  It's near bedtime for myself (remember, as I type.)

I am creating...
actually, it is more like I will soon be baking a birthday cake for my big boy!!  A 2-layer Chocolate cake, with white icing.  Oh, and he wants baked Macaroni and Cheese for his birthday dinner.  I won't complain.

I am going...
for my first ever Mammogram, in the morning.  This is just a baseline...but it is what you get for turning the soon-to-be Big 4-0.

I am wondering... should I be nervous, worried, scared or calm about this Mammo-slammo??  Maybe it isn't as bad as I've heard...?

I am reading...
For only approximate ten minutes at a time while waiting to pick up my son at school.  As I'm sitting in the car, I am (still) reading... For Women Only - by, Shaunti Feldhahn
 (the best book - ever...I mean ever.)

I am hoping...
there will be a good turnout for my Blessings Gathering on Friday night!! If you're local and would like to come - please contact me via email.  It's starts at 7pm.  I would love to see you!!  By the way, the Giveaway is soon over.  You have until the 1st of June.

I am looking forward to...
spending some time with our dear friends this Saturday.  Eating Jerk Chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!  and visiting, with them..of course!

I am learning...
to appreciate the simple things more and more.

Around the house...
A few more bags are off to the thrift store - again.  (ahem!  we're still doing that Spring Cleaning thing..)

I am pondering...
How on God's green earth - have we "collected" so much stuff and when in getting rid of it... why it feels so good to move it on?

A favorite quote for today...
"We don't stop laughing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop laughing." ~ anonymous

One of my favorite things..
Getting an unexpected email or snail-mail letter, from a friend, come my way!!  That always, always blesses me. (smile)

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Well since I'm writing this on a Tuesday night and the post is slotted for a Wednesday and it is so close to the end of the month...(I'm barely making it for the month of May - this Daybook) let's just say... I've already talked about this.  Blessings Gathering on Friday evening.  Together with friends on Saturday.  Oh, and our budget night is Thursday night... and with that comes food prep and regular meals.  Particularly a Birthday Meal.

A peek into my day...
I love this picture and wanted to share it with you, because it makes me smile.  Since planting of the flowerbeds have been finished - I've added a few hanging baskets to the front porch.


This is what I get to see from my kitchen window every day.  The late afternoon sun comes in and the red of the flower just catches my eye ...

***

I hope you have a great rest of the day, too!

May it be full of sunshine and roses... or geraniums and vinca vine, in my case. ;)
Happy Birthday to my handsome son and many more... ahead.  I love you, buddy.  I cannot believe you are six years old.



Joining up with Peggy from The Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog...it has been
    a real blessing to me...love your Daybook
    in May....I need to start one of these.
    What a lovely family and home....love
    the photos of your sweet children, but mostly
    I love your sharing your love for Jesus!
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet blog here! : ) I saw your blog on Simple Woman's Daybook.

    Blessings! ~amelia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...