Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Smothered Chicken

. .. .. .. .. .... .. . .. .. .. . ... .. .. .. .. .. ... .. . .. . . .. .. . .

Good Morning, friends.

There is nothing like getting your taste buds off to a fast and running start first thing in the morning, is there?

Well, I know I've talked of this recipe in the past and yesterday, we were blessed to have dear friends of ours graciously agree to have their arm twisted (rather spontaneously); to come over, after Church, and stay for lunch -  it didn't take much convincing on our part.  In other words, we didn't have to twist to hard.

This recipe for Smothered Chicken is an easy throw-to-together... but it looks like you've spent a lot of time on it.  It's really fun to make this if you have everything on hand.

I just thought I would share it with you - this morning!

~Smothered Chicken~

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thin - is best.  You can either pound, slice horizontally making two out of one or buy the  Purdue Chicken breasts that are individually wrapped and frozen.)
1 onion
4 oz. fresh, sliced mushrooms
8 slices bacon
1 green pepper, sliced or chopped
several handfuls of fresh spinach
Shredded Mozzarella cheese
cracked black pepper, to taste

Prepare the chicken breasts your favorite way.  Grill, bake or fry...

Saute the onions, mushrooms and green pepper.  Fry your bacon.  When your chicken is done, layer with the onion, mushrooms and green pepper and top with bacon.

 (I just use a large frying pan with a lid - and do everything right in there.  I will fry my chicken with olive oil and some seasoning of my choice; throw my veggies in there and let them saute up.  I do everything in this pan, except the frying of the bacon. That I use a separate pan, for.)

Top with fresh spinach and cover.  Let it wilt down and "cook".  Lastly, sprinkle generously with shredded Mozzarella cheese - cover again - or if your pan is oven safe, you can stick it under the broiler until the cheese is melted.

Throw some black pepper on there for taste and presentation and you've got yourself a quick and delicious main course meal.

:: NOTE!  The recipe's ingredient amounts are all given to variation.  Do as little or as much as you would like.  Those are just numbers up there... as a "dump" cook - I just have to tell you that.  :)


***

Having someplace to go is home,
Having someone to love is family,
Having both... is a blessing.
~ unknown

2 comments:

  1. Oh, here it is 10:30 at night and you have my mouth watering. Guess what I will be making for supper tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me! You will not be disappointed..

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...