Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Thinking of Friends over Homemade Granola!

. ... .. .. .. .. .. ... ... . .... .. .. .. .. ... .. ... .... .. .... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

This just makes the best breakfast!

A bowl full of creamy yogurt and sprinkle of homemade granola, on top.  Having this in front of me makes me think of the friend who first gave me the recipe.  And thus, the trickle of thought down friendship and memory lane...

I should call her today and let her know I've been thinking of her.
Here is the recipe..
~~
Granola
4 cups. Oats
1 1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 cup raisins
(optional additions are: ground flax seed, hemp seeds, coconut, dried fruit, etc.)

Mix the brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, oil, honey and vanilla in a saucepan - warm on stove, just to get thin enough to pour and stir.

Mix all dry ingredients (EXCEPT RAISINS) and pour liquids over the top - stir until well covered. Place on greased cookie sheet, with sides.

Bake at 300* for 40 minutes.  Stir only a few times in between.  Add raisins at last 10 minutes of baking or they'll become hard and crunchy. 

***

Also thinking of a friend - a regular reader, here - who has family directly involved in the situation out in Oklahoma.  Lots of prayers sent heavenward on behalf of Connie and her family..
Thinking of friends who are currently in China - their last few days there - as they've welcomed their adoptive daughter into their family.  Lord willing - that 15 hour flight home will be a breeze as they walk into welcoming arms of their friends and family awaiting for them here, at home.

I've been thinking of my friends and their housing situations... The Lord just might reveal HIS long-arm maneuvers after all...in that proverbial eleventh hour. 

and my thoughts trail on and on...

Enjoy your day, my friends.  I'm off to plant some flowers - and hang up a few more loads of laundry.


6 comments:

  1. : )

    Enjoy your flower day!! Ok - and Laundry...

    Pictures of the end result coming????????????? Please oh please??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try this recipe! It looks very yummy! Enjoy your beautiful day, my beautiful friend!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great friend! I'm sure you have prayers being lifted up for you, too.

    I have been looking for a Granola recipe for sometime now. With your encouragement, I am going to try this. Maybe it will take me down the path to think of all my precious friends, while eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought I could make homemade granola! Thanks so much for the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! I just realized that you are from SE PA as well.

      Delete
  5. I love making granola. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Looks delish! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...