Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, June 28, 2013

A Daybook in June

    .. .. ... ... . .. .. .. .. ... .. .. ... .. .... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ... .. . .. . .. .


FOR TODAY - This is the day the Lord has made;  let us rejoice and be glad in it. ~ Psalm 118:24

Outside my window... the skies are lookin' a bit overcast this morning.  I did set a toenail outdoors, this morning and it seems pretty muggy & humid.

I am thinking...how did the month of June fly by, so fast?  Really?  I loved the month of May - Can we go back? 

I am thankful...that the Mercies of the Lord - are NEW, every morning!  I needed them today..even before my feet hit the floor.

In the kitchen...it's quiet in there, this morning.  The coffee is on and lunches have been packed.  Both for my husband (who is long off to work already) and for my son - who'll be heading off to camp for the day. (as I type.)

I am wearing...a grey sweatshirt-type skirt and simple black tee..

I am creating... a second bag order has been placed, from my friend Annie, and so I'm working on that this week.

I am going... to leave soon!  Taking Caleb to his last day of Camp, for this week.  Then, taking the children to their last night of Vacation Bible School, later on, this evening..

I am wondering... what the weather will do today?!?!?  It seems like this whole week, it has been hot and humid during the day with rain/thunderstorms in the evening.  I wondering if my girls will find all of the puddles - left in the outside toys - from the heavy rain last evening?  Yup... they sure did.

I am reading... nothing new at this point!  Sorry... ALTHOUGH.  I will say, I've never been so tickled in all  my life to receive these two cookbooks back around my birthday.  The Homemade Pantry (given to me by, my friend, Johanna!) and Celebrations, by Mennonite Girls Can Cook - (given to me by, my friend, Kelli!).

I am looking forward to...having our dear friends move, this weekend and live closer to us.  This has been a work in progress.  It's finally happening.

I am learning.. how much I value and appreciate the family coming together at the end of the day and sitting to the table, to share the evening meal together.  This week was a busy one - with myself and the children leaving (for VBS) about the same time my husband would get home from work..

Around the house... there are a few things that need to be done around here, today.  Pulling weeds in the flower beds is one of them.  After a good rain... it makes that job seem kinda fun and easy.  The weeds, they pull right out. 

I am pondering... this quote here of late.  I think it is kind of interesting how much it gets played out on the daily day-to-day around our home.  From all of us.
         Here it is ---
A favorite quote for today... "Where the heart is willing it will find a thousand ways, but where it is unwilling it will find a thousand excuses." ~ Anonymous Author

One of my favorite things.. while driving at night, we've been noticing... the hollows, the yards and fields are full this time of year with fireflies.  We go ahead and open the windows and smell the summer night-time air they're chasing after. ;)

 A few plans for the rest of the week:  Helping our friends finish their move this weekend.  Also, a picnic with our Church on Sunday - after service.  Possibly getting together with some family, as well.

A photo for the day...
Today I share a bouquet of dried roses!  I don't get a fresh bouquet too often and so why not make it last a little longer... to enjoy all the more!!



Joining up with Peggy from The Simple Woman's Daybook.

***

Enjoy your Summer Weekend! 

Any special plans?? 

2 comments:

  1. we call them lightening bugs instead of fireflies, but our community barely has had any the past few years. I think it is because they spray for mosquitos and other bugs and it somehow affects the lightening bug population as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny that you bring this up - regarding the fireflies vs. lightening bugs.

      As I was originally typing out the post I debated which way I wanted to call them. I would normally say - lightening bugs, myself.

      But one night our kids and I were observing these little guys while driving down and through various Country Back Roads - taking it all in. All this amazing beauty in God's Wonderful Creation. I mentioned them as being lightening bugs but my six year old son INSISTED they are fireflies (not sure how he knew to be so adamant about this) - but the truth is and I have to admit.. it does give them much more of a nostalgic feel and appeal when they are called Fireflies!

      Thanks for stopping by here, today - Jennifer. Thanks for commenting..

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...