Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Once upon a Summer Day!

.. .... .. .... .. .... .. .. ... .. ... .. ... ... ... .. .. . ..
Hello!  (sheepishly asking) Anyone still out there?  I am, and just wanted to let you know that I am still here.  Special thanks to just one of my readers (Kim!) who let me know they were wondering if I was okay.   I greatly appreciated that.

Wow! What a busy couple of days.  Last week, I did want to let you know what I was up to, where I was and what I was doing, before we left, this past weekend, but time did not allow.  I hope you understand.

Just to give it to you in a nutshell..

My six-year old, Caleb, has been attending a Day Camp (Camp Good News/Bible Camp) close by to our home.  I have him there by 9:30 and picked back up by 3pm.  He'll be going for a total of five weeks this Summer.  Having a super HUGE blast... and making lots of new friends while keeping the old.  He was able to enjoy the first week with some buddies from his class in school.

By the way!  Happy Summer!  We actually enjoyed the "First Day of Summer", Friday (as Caleb couldn't wait for that day to come around...??) as a family with my sister Rachel and her family (along with my Mom!) to her husband's family's cabin.  

And then, Saturday - was spent enjoying our first and exciting experience of Knobels.  So, I can't wait to share pictures with you of our wonderful weekend and time together.  (Please, have patience while I get them all together!)

It seems like this week will be just as busy.

Our kids are planning to attend an evening VBS this week - at my Mom's Church.  Remember Caleb is in Day Camp all this week... plus VBS?  Let's just say our Caleb will be super wiped out till the end.  One of the things is that because the location of the Summer/Vacation Bible School isn't so close to our home I will stay and find a "room" where I'll be able to set up my sewing machine, to sew, and hopefully be able to keep Jayne entertained while the other two are there, in class.

On a side note.  I wanted to let you know have the best husband around.  I can't wait to brag on him in another post.  Here is a hint for you in the form of a riddle, as to why I say what I say.

If buttons get pushed, I get agitated.
Push the right ones- I get dizzy.
It's not that I'm nervous, at all, no not...
It's that I enjoy being busy ... a lot.
What am I?

***

So.  I'm sitting here enjoying a mug of Iced Coffee!  The laundry line is filled full.  The baby is asleep, taking a lazy summer afternoon nap. The kids are having a quiet afternoon - as far as I know regarding Caleb - and  Aubrey and the little gal I'm watching for the summer are indoors, at the table, coloring and doing puzzles. 

It sure has felt good to sit down and enjoy this moment with you, my friend. 

I hope your day continues, full of blessing..

Once upon a Summer Day!!

:: Photo credit belongs to my sister, Lorene.  I think it was taken sometime last summer.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a wonderful time this weekend. Looking forward to catching up sometime in the near future. And I know the answer to your riddle but only because I know what your hubby was up to last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do too! It must be that he fixed the washing machine! Yay! What a great hubby! Handy husbands are the best! (I have one too. Plus a handy brother in law!)

    I had a dream about you last night that we all went to Knobels and we had the best time!

    Can't wait to hear about your weekend!

    Boy, Caleb will be busy! But it's a good busy!

    Oh, and I bought some rhubarb for the first time in my life and will be making your bread today. Can't wait!

    Love
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Bevy, sounds like you are one busy mama and is it fun... enjoy these days because they fly by so fast.. and I guessed the washing machine is back up and running... Have a great week....

    ReplyDelete
  4. my comment should have said isnt it fun, instead of is it fun... lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you seem awfully busy these days! I know the feeling...a bit...these warmer longer days - some how aren't long enough - so much to fit into each day! I was going to guess that your hubby got you a new sewing machine but then I read one of the comments above and the washing machine guess makes more sense with your riddle - I'm not too good at riddles! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...