Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Daybook in July

    .. .. ... ... . .. .. .. .. ... .. .. ... .. .... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ... .. . .. . .. .

FOR TODAY 

Outside my window... 
It's a hot one out there, already, this morning.  I was up early to water the plants and shew.... they say, we're in a heat wave!!

I am thinking...
I just broke my little girl's heart.  Ouch!  She just came to me crying because a picture she had drawn and cut out (and taped to the wall) was missing.  I remembered what happened.  It had fallen down at some point during the day yesterday and in cleaning up/tidying up the Living Room - I (know) threw it away.  I had to sincerely apologize..

I am thankful...
Little Ones (especially her!) forgive easily.

In the kitchen...
I think a Peach Pie will come out of it today - at some point.  If they all don't get "swiped" first... ;)
 ... and Blueberries!  There have been several Blueberry Coffee Cake or Muffin recipes made this month so far.  It tis that time of year!!  Yes, indeedy...

I am wearing...
Brown Linen Capri's and a nice (well, that's relative) Pink & Yellow stripped Tee.

I am creating...
(working on!) my next and upcoming Mugs & Muffins Post... stay tuned!  It should be ready for Monday!  You won't want to miss it..
 A great Giveaway, too!!!!

I am going...
Will be taking Caleb to Camp - again today.  He has the rest of this week to finish out and one last full week...and then Day Camp is over for the Summer. (for a total of five weeks.)  The kid has loved every last bit of Camp...

I am wondering...
and praying over... all the Seeds that have been planted in that boys heart, of mine. 

I am (still) reading...
Give them Grace - by Elyse Fitzpatrick & Jessica Thompson

I am hoping...
to sew at some point today.  I have a few things I would like to get finished - this week.  Another pair of Baby Shoes and a Pocket Pouch or two.

I am looking forward to...
Meeting with my sister, my 3 nieces and my Mom, tomorrow, for a little while.

I am learning...
Some things you just have to blame on the weather!!  Period.

Around the house...
We're renters and so to have a Landlord who consistently goes above and beyond, (around the house!) is so, so wonderful.  We are very grateful to be able to live here - where we do.

I am pondering...
I was reading out of 1 Timothy chapter 2, this morning.  Particularly pondering verses 9-15

A favorite quote for today...
"The right temperature at home is maintained by warm hearts, not by hotheads". - Anonymous

One of my favorite things..
Handfuls of Hydrangea picked, too short, off the bush - "just for Mom"

A few plans for the rest of the week: 
We have "Care Group" this evening... a small group gathering of folks from Church - for a midweek meeting. 
We have a Family Reunion on Saturday, with my Mom's side of the family.  This one is working on it's 75th year of gathering together as a family.
We also have a Pizza Social on Saturday with the same Small Group folks.
We also have a Church Wide Picnic on Sunday - after Service - at a local park...

A peek into my day...


One of our first bouquets to grace our dinner table, so far, this summer!

Thanks for reading along today.

***
Joining up with Peggy from The Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

  1. I love all your get-together's... sounds so much fun.. flower's are beautiful... Stay cool if ya can... Hot here in Ky as well, but I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend!
    Just wondering... did I give you that pitcher that the flowers are in ?

    LOVE you,
    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure did!! I was wondering if you would notice. Remember my little ole-maid-in-the-basement-cafe sort of apartment, back in the day? You gave it to me when I lived there..

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...