Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

books on end


.. ... .. .. ... .. .. ... . ... ... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . .. . .. .. ..
 A good book on your shelf is a friend that turns its back on you and remains a friend.  ~Author Unknown

***
 I know every book of mine by its smell, and I have but to put my nose between the pages to be reminded of all sorts of things.  ~George Robert Gissing

 ***
 "Tell me what you read and I'll tell you who you are" is true enough, but I'd know you better if you told me what you reread.  ~François Mauriac

***

To read a book for the first time is to make an acquaintance with a new friend; to read it for a second time is to meet an old one.  ~Chinese Saying

***

Never lend books, for no one ever returns them; the only books I have in my library are books that other folks have lent me.  ~Anatole France

***
“Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.”  ― Emilie Buchwald 

~*~*~*~*~

Tell me.  Which is your favorite (book) quote and why?   or, Send me your own..

3 comments:

  1. I love books, our bookshelves are full.

    Here are a few of my favorite book quotes….



    "You can’t buy happiness…but you can buy books and that’s kind of the same thing."

    "A home without books is like a room without windows".

    "A little library, growing every year is an honorable part of a man’s history."

    "It is a man’s duty to have books. A library is not a luxury, but one of the necessities of life." Henry Ward Beecher

    "I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves". Anna Quindlen

    And those are my favorites.

    I loved your post.

    Tricia


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tricia -

      I love your favorite quotes, too.
      Thanks for sharing them...

      Yeah, these books were all given (actual) old books from either my parents or Scott's mom (as in school books).

      That makes them even more special for me. I read them to the kids... fun books!

      Blessings on your day,
      ~ Bevy

      Delete
  2. I don't have any book quotes, but I'd like to know everyone's favorite author?? I have read everything by my 2 faves... Francine Rivers and Jan Karon... looking for something new! Am I allowed to ask this on your blog? Maybe I'll post it on my little attempt at a blog... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...