Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Doing the Salsa Today (but, kickin' it up a notch)

.. .. ... .. .. .. .. . .. .. .. .. .. .. ... ... .. .. . . .. . ...
Photo of last season's salsa..with a story!  I tell you.
For your reading (and dining) pleasure.

This stuff was so, SO good!!  Thick, Chunky, a nice hefty heat.  We loved it! and wanted to share... and we ended up giving it all away.  Because,as I said, we wanted to share.. ;) the love.

 
Today, I decided to attempt my hand at this again.   I thought I was using the same recipe as I had last year.  I had forgotten that I had posted about it. :)   Lo and behold, I found this photo and recipe (in above link) after I finished today's batch.  Uhoh... I realized that I (ahem!) didn't use the same recipe after all.  Yikes.. close!  But, not quite. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.. and I quote.
Then again.  Are any recipes ever the same, coming out of this kitchen?  Again...I'm commenting/vocalizing/quoting a thought I KNOW my hubby would say.   
Anyway.

The reason I say I'm kickin' it up a notch is that this time... although I didn't use even one Habenaro... I did use a bunch of Serrano, Chili and Jalapeno Peppers... along with some regular Bell.

It's getting canned right now.
Did I mention... we loved last years Salsa ?!?!?

We'll find out later if this stuff is a keeper... or not!  Hence I am not sharing the recipe, at this time.

***

How is your day going so far?

10 comments:

  1. It'll be fabulous just like everything else coming out of there! Oh - and you can do a "round two" WITH the habeneros. Their growing like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only ONE - remember? Only, one.

      Sounds like there might not be enough tomatoes in all the world for your habeneros... yeah??

      Delete
  2. Ya know, I love your sharing your salsa, but I just wanted to
    say that I love coming here because it's quiet.....when visiting around
    blogland, sometimes it becomes so noisy with all the Ecourses and tutorials
    and latest finds and latest remodels and kitchen updates or featured
    in the latest magazine announcement. I love to step aside of it all
    and just come and visit here where just plain ole family life is going on
    and I find rest here. I wanted to say thank you for your blog...I don't always comment, but I do always visit and it is always a blessing,
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kindness... Corinne. I feel so honored that you feel this way about this little space of mine.

      I appreciate your affirmation, so much, because it is regularly a prayer of mine that here is what this place would be all about. Quiet and "homey".

      Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  3. Oh Bevy...I do believe Corinne has summed it up perfectly as to why I love reading your blog. It's quiet...it's my quiet getaway. Your sharing of your everyday life, not a lot of bells and whistles, the appreciation of a simple life like simply hanging out your laundry, sharing recipes, giving encouragement when you might not even know you are, and mostly sharing your faith. I can't tell you how many times I was having a tough day and read your blog and was uplifted. I felt like I had visited a friend and had never even left my home. I also want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your blog and the time put into it. It truly is a blessing and a ministry.
    P.S. I continue to pray that each day you feel better and stronger! (from the lyme disease)
    Melanie P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie - thank you! You've brought tears to my eyes. I pray every day for the Lord to use this place and as He chooses.

      Thank you for reading. And for your prayers. I am feeling better and stronger (from the lyme) - thanks be to HIM!! Still tired a lot... but I'm getting there.

      Delete
  4. LOL! I have done that so many times with recipes, too! I'm sure it will be great! Have a wonderful day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am!! Psst... I think the Salsa will do just fine. It's not what I was expecting but it will do just fine.

      Thanks for coming by my friend. love you..Jenn.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I come here for a quiet blog also. When I first found your blog what attracted me to it was that you were just a woman who loved the Lord and wanted to share Him and your life with us. That's so refreshing. And you make me realize that things don't have to be all bells and whistles to be interesting. Something as simple as making salsa is a great read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy!! You're so sweet. I honestly don't know what I did to receive all of this love today, from everybody - but I'll take it. (smile!)

      Thank you for reading.. you know I appreciate it.

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...