Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

1-2-3 {pb} Cookies and the ABC's

. .. .. .. ... .. .. .. ... .. ... .. ... .. .. . .. ... .. .. .. .. .

I was always the one who said..."when my kids come home from school each day there will be a snack waiting."  I thought it might (always) be home baked cookies hot from the oven, with a tall cold glass of milk.. you know?

First week down.. and while yes! there was a snack waiting and available every day, there were only fresh, hot baked cookies - one day.  The first day!


Easy, peasy!

When I realized about an hour from Caleb's expected time home from school - his first day - last week, I got busy.  I found this recipe for:

1-2-3 Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Mix ingredients.  Shape into balls.  Roll in sugar (extra, 1/4 cup or so).  Flatten with fork, making crisscross on top.  Bake at 350* for 10 minutes.

***

What could get more simpler than that?  They were good!  and surely disappeared  fast!

Now..on to those ABC's.

9 comments:

  1. Kate's signature recipe - love them! Great pictures too! How's school going for all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bevy, Aww to have babies still that young... Adorable photo... and yummy cookies.. I will be trying these for sure... psst.. my kiddos are 21 and 15.. hope you are feeling better and school is going good... Have a great Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan is having a long day at work today... I think i will try these tonight. I'm no baker, but I think I can pull this off. Thanks for the Recipe ~Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always tried to have something that smelled good when they came home.
    Popcorn or warm toast usually did the trick, along with cookies once in awhile.

    That picture of Caleb is adorable. My... has he grown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at your big boy getting off of the school bus. He is growing up so fast. Thanks for the recipe. I think I can handle this one. I have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can it be that three ingredients make a cookie?!
    I am going to have to try this. Right now!
    Yummy!
    I love baking smells.
    So do my boys.
    Remember that old adage, the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach?
    His nose too! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum. I am going to have to try these to celebrate fall with a pumpkin spice latte.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Teresa,

    That sounds good!

    Bevy, he looks so handsome in those glasses...sigh.

    What a winner of a recipe. I'm happy you shared this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bevy, thanks for sharing, we tried them and they were good, quick and easy....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...