Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, October 25, 2013

Apple Breakfast Cake

. ... .. .. ... .. .... .. ... .. .. .. ... .. .. ... .. ... .. .. .. . .

Apple Breakfast Cake
4-5  apples, pared and sliced
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
Put pared apples in 9" pan.  Top with with sugar and cinnamon mixture.

Batter:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs
Beat batter until fluffy.  Spread over apples.  Top with chopped nuts (opt.)  Bake at 350* for 55 minutes.
Yield: 6-8 servings

***
Please come back on Monday morning... for our next Mugs & Muffins and Giveaway!


Have a wonderful weekend!!
***
Psst.  Tomorrow (Saturday) is my hubby's 40th birthday.  We'll be off with family for the day..
but if you wish, take a few minutes to wish him some sort of Birthday Blessing!  I know he'll appreciate it. ;)

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Scott.... hope you have a great day... I am sure Bevy and the Children will make it a blessed one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a yummy looking apple breakfast cake! Happy 40th birthday to your hubby. Our daughter just celebrated her 40th earlier this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Bevy.... Loved this recipe... one for my collection... Have a wonderful weekend, sounds like its a great celebration... Hope your warm and toasty... its definitely cold here in Ky this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott,
    Wishing you the very best on this special day. Enjoy it! I know you will be blessed with hugs and kisses.

    Bevy, thank you for the recipe. I was looking for something to do with my apples other then a crisp. This is perfect.
    Have a fun weekend celebrating with Scott and kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, happy birthday, Scott! Many blessings to you and I hope your 40th year is the best ever.

    Thanks for this recipe. I have everything in the house to make it. I know what I'm making for breakfast at church.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cake for breakfast. Sign me up! It looks delicious, Bevy!
    Have a wonderful birthday weekend with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cake looks delicious. Will be a fun recipe to make for holiday company. Give your husband birthday greetings from the West Coast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday Scott!

    Bevy, this cake looks very easy to make. The thing about apples is they are not only good for breakfast but lunch and supper too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bevy, I have just now met you - through a comment you left on Mundane Faithfulness. I came here and would love to be included in your emails. Thank you for this opportunity. This cake looks wonderful; I enjoy baking and plan to make it as soon as I purchase the apples. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...