Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My New Mantra..{and prayer request!}

. ... . .. .. ... .. .. .. ... .. .. .. .... .. .. ... .. .. .. .. .. . ..

***
ONE, TWO,
Whatever you do, 
Start it well,
And carry it through.

Does anyone else have trouble with this thing of "sticking to task"..?
We're working on this with one of our children and while it's ongoing... I feel it and see it {this issue}in myself that I am not too far different.
(sigh!)
I found this little quote/saying, today, and I think it's my new mantra..

In reflecting, I feel it's a great reminder and make this my prayer.
It doesn't mean that it has to be "perfect" in it's end... just that whatever it is, that's at hand, that it was started well and finished well.

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might. ~ Ecclesiastes 9:10 KJV

4 comments:

  1. Omgosh, how did ya know... I have been struggling with this exact same thing... thanks for the inspiration, motivation... Good luck to you as well... will keep you in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bevy, I completely understand what you are saying here. Have you ever noticed (as I did when we were raising our young ones) that when we expect a certain area in our children to be better that the Holy Spirit some times is beckoning us in the same area...or one similar? Oh my! I remember that so well. I am going to write down your new mantra and make it a part of change that needs to take place here. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you bet!

      This is exactly what it is...
      I also have this written down in black and white on my new little memo board. Great reminder!! All around.

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...