Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, October 7, 2013

:: New Day ::

. ... ... .. ... ... .. .... ... ... .. .. .. .. .. ... .. .. .. . .. ..

"This is the beginning of a new day.
God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good.
What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.
When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place something I have traded for it.
I want it to be gain not loss, good not evil, success not failure, in order that I shall not forget the price I paid for it."

~ author unknown

***
Coming off of a very busy weekend, I'm hoping/praying that today, this week, will dawn new.

However, I do have something very exciting to share with you.. something that happened *New* over the weekend.

Our six year old son, Caleb, accepted Jesus into his heart yesterday.  Praise the Lord!  When he told me about it - I probed around a bit, to be sure, he understood what he was talking about.  I asked him when and how and with a Mother's intuition I had wondered why he was particularly so quiet and pondering something yesterday.   He was very specific (and, I was correct..) and cute - in his own way - by saying, "Mom, this is our secret".  I quickly assured him that "NO!".  "No way, this is something to tell and shout about and especially tell Daddy... " and we reviewed Bible verses and songs that talk about receiving Jesus in our hearts...and we prayed together.

I thank God..

Because I know he was wrestling here of late.  I would so often pray that the day would come when his little heart would be regenerated.  Made new!  Today, honestly,  I struggle for faith to believe that this is indeed REAL.. and I realize that he is truly an infant all over again.  Yet, I'm pretty sure he understands...

I shared my own story of coming to faith in Jesus..as a young gal about 8 years old.

and, I shared that every. single. day.  I still need Jesus' power and forgiveness and love to walk this road. My prayers and encouragement to my son have taken on a whole new depth and a whole new meaning.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old is gone the new has come!  ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17

9 comments:

  1. Yay Caleb!! The angels are rejoicing with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm blessed that the little guy has been struggling before he made his decision for Christ. And I'm thrilled for you as a mama that you were the one that he talked to about it all...and that it has renewed an excitement in you all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord! So many people are happy about this along with the angels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a glorious moment for him as a child and you for his mama...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, Bevy.. I remember so well when my children gave their hearts to God and the joy I felt..
    3 John 1-4 says it all.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praising God with you, Bevy! Be encouraged by Phil 1:6 "I am confident of this that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." God will continue his good work in Caleb until the very end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, how wonderful!!! It is amazing how much they can understand and grasp at such a young age!! I think it's why Jesus talked so fondly of children and their faith!! Though my eldest daughter hasn't exactly come out to say the words - I believe she has the Spirit in her! There is just something about her heart, her understanding of the word and her obviously love and joy for, in and of God - my second gal....she's not quite there yet! ;) It is beautiful and humbling experience to be mammas to these littles and watch them grow in their faith and love for the Lord - an awesome task we have!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...