Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

What a friend we have...

. ... ... .... . .. .. .. .. .. .... .. .. ... ... .. .. .. . .. .. . ...

       What a friend we have in Jesus, 
all our sins and griefs to bear! 
What a privilege to carry 
everything to God in prayer! 
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear, 
all because we do not carry 
everything to God in prayer. 

Have we trials and temptations? 
Is there trouble anywhere? 
We should never be discouraged; 
take it to the Lord in prayer. 
Can we find a friend so faithful 
who will all our sorrows share? 
Jesus knows our every weakness; 
take it to the Lord in prayer. 

Are we weak and heavy laden, 
cumbered with a load of care? 
Precious Savior, still our refuge; 
take it to the Lord in prayer. 
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee? 
Take it to the Lord in prayer! 
In his arms he'll take and shield thee; 
thou wilt find a solace there.

***
You know the words to this hymn, as well as I.  But.. throughout this morning and this early afternoon  - these words, they have riveted me.  Carried me..and comforted.

It's interesting!

Over the past couple of days I've been at Church for Sunday Morning service; in a Ladies Bible Study; in a small group discussion; in regular interaction with friends... and the topic of conversation?  It's about prayer!

Sometimes, I don't feel like I really have that great of a prayer life.  Know what I'm saying?  You might feel the same way at times about yourself...if you're honest.

Even there... "Jesus knows our every weakness".

Oh, that so encourages me - today!!

What a friend we have in Jesus..
~~
:: photo borrowed from my brother! with permission.



8 comments:

  1. Bevy, such a treasured hymn... so many memories flood my mind with this one... I so many times read about other women starting their day with Quiet time with Jesus and having Prayer time in the A.M... I struggle with this, I am usually an early riser, but sometimes my job calls for a late evening, so then everything gets thrown to the wind...and honestly, I dislike those days... but all in all I know why I struggle, its just another way the Devil gets into my days.. Some days I am so aware that I stop him dead in his tracks, and other days he wins... and this really, really saddens me... So my goal is to strive for those days to become less and less and Jesus More and MORE... and I am so grateful that I have a patient and forgiving God... I learn so much here... thank you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it could have been summed up any better than this..
      Thanking God for you, my friend.

      Delete
  2. Jesus, my dearest friend who deserves all the praises...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious post, Bevy. I've been hearing about prayer from a lot of different sources as well...that and the phrase "in Him" or "in Christ". I'm memorizing Ephesians 1 with the Do Not Depart and Hide His Word groups...and I think that those two words are becoming my two favorite words in the English language.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like those two phrases myself. Thank you for sharing..

      Thanks for coming by, once again. You're a blessing.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this. I am feeling pretty down today and I will definitely take my feelings to the Lord in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll certainly add you to my prayers...

      love to you my friend.. and yes! I did get your email I'll follow up. I'm actually heading to/for our usual grocery shop tomorrow...AGAIN... I'm sure I'll be thinking of you - as I'm "near" your neck of the woods.

      Love you, too, my friend.

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...