Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Daybook in November

 .. .. .... .. ... .. .. ... ... ... ..... .. . .. ... .. ... .. . ..

FOR TODAY


Outside my window... the fallen leaves continue to chase each other (of what's left!) in the wind... I love the sound, that each one makes..

I am thinking... how thankful I am for each one of you - my readers, my friends. For both the oldies and the newbies.  Thank you!!
I am also thinking that I cannot believe here we are at Thanksgiving - and that Christmas is so very soon around the corner..  Are you ready?  I am not..

I am thankful... for a huge box of  butternut squash, gifted to us by my farmer cousin and his wife, this past Saturday.  I baked up four, so far, and got about 24 cups of "pumpkin".  The reason I'm so thankful is the one Cinderella pumpkin (see photo, HERE) that I had gotten - with full intention of putting it up, in the freezer, went and spoiled on me.  I wasn't so sure I'd be able to find me another to put away- so late in the season.  So - this box of about fourteen squash is really going to make an abundance of "pumpkin" for the freezer.  That is for sure!

In the kitchen... I am making a batch of (Make-ahead) Mashed Potatoes.  My Aubrey has a Thanksgiving Dinner - on Friday! - with her school.  I volunteered , the other day, to make a batch of the real thing.. (smile!)
Along - with the baking up of more squash..

I am wearing... a long, ruffly, plum/purple Sarah Clemens skirt (gifted to me!) and a black T-shirt.  LOVE!!!

I am creating... a few Christmas gift ideas.  As well as, trying to wrap up any outside bag orders that need to be completed..

I am going... somewhere tonight with my husband - that I really have no idea what he has up his sleeve. Some for sort of conference..out-of-state. :)  I expect this to be a late night getting home.

I am wondering...how it (the time away, this afternoon/evening) is going to go for my children.  My sister - Juline is going to "handle the house" while we're gone.  Getting the kiddo's their dinner, evening routines and settling them for bedtime.. The kiddo's will be in good hands.  I'm not worried.

I am reading...recently I was gifted a bag of old magazines (Southern Living and Taste of Home, etc.) from my MIL... those are currently my thumb-through-reading material... sad glad to say.  Meaning... not a lot of meaningful content, however... I enjoy this "fluffy stuff" every now and again..

I am hoping...for a beautiful time with family over Thanksgiving!  We have much to be thankful for.  The wish is true for you - as well.

I am looking forward to...  This coming Monday!!  And I want to invite you all to come back here for my next Mugs & Muffins.  You'll not want to miss this one..

I am learning...  There is always... ALWAYS... something new to know!  Don't ask me right now, though... I can't think of what?!?!?!

Around the house... dust is collecting.  Uh oh.. Time to clean.. ;(

I am pondering... this, what I overheard in my hubby's online course, the other night - while I was sewing in the same room.  Here is the quote.. (see next prompt.)

A favorite quote for today..."I always wondered why somebody didn't do something about that.  And, then...I realized, I was {that}somebody." ~ Lily Tomlin

One of my favorite things...Chinese Cabbage and peanut butter!!  It makes a wonderful (crunchy - especially if you like crunchy p.b.) snack that is easy to assemble and fun to eat.  It's become a new favorite thing of mine..
Simply spread one leaf with peanut butter and fold over in half..

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I guess this will mean to imply our weekend plans.   I have a Ladies Breakfast, in the AM, on Saturday.. and Sunday, after service, we were invited to my sister and BIL's for dinner.  I was asked to bring a dessert.  Of course, that reminds me ... I will probably be making a dessert on Saturday afternoon - sometime. :)

A peek into my day...



Actually.  This photo was taken yesterday - I was watching a friend of mine's four children.  Three of them were outdoors, after lunch, with my Aubrey.. having a grand ole time.  One of them is in the tree - of course! Our one of two trees in our yard...

***

Following along, today, with Peggy from The Simple Woman's Daybook!

9 comments:

  1. Great pics of the children under the tree. THanks again for dewatching them, it was so nice to be able to be at PENN VIEW. The pumpkin bread is almost devoured, Jared said, "I was made to eat this."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing catch up today...
    I am working on my pumpkins and squash too.
    Love your blessing.
    Hope you have a beautiful weekend...
    Love, Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhhhh mystery date!?!?!? FUN!!!! Can't wait to hear about that!! I liked the Lilly Tomlin quote! She's got some good ones, that gal does! ;) I should be doing up my pumpkins but I'm snuggled under a blanket and feeling sleepy....already napped though....so should probably go be productive! Have a great night!! Poor you people of the South....not even had your Thanksgiving and I'm sitting here typing while the lights of our Christmas tree reflect in my screen! ;) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how lucky you are to be whisked away... such a good fella :) and I find it so wonderful to think of having a Ladie's Breakfast... Have a great time... and enjoy the weekend... Loved the Tree Photo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to hearing how you enjoyed your date night with hubby. :) And I can not imagine you having anything other than a wonderful time with family for Thanksgiving. You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. Bevy, thank you for including the link to the Taste of Home cabbage recipe! It shall soon be served in our humble abode. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that you get a evening away with your hubby! Love that quote! What a great picture! Brings back memories of when my kids were young! Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...