Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

On a {windy} Sunday afternoon..

. ... .. .... ... .. ... .. ... ..  .. ... .. .. ..... .. .. ... . .
It is often life's smallest pleasures and gentlest joys that make
 the biggest and most lasting difference. ~ unknown


***
Another title for this post could be: What's that I spy - high in the sky?

The photos tell all.  Lots of fun and memories were made on Sunday afternoon.. flying their kites.
Can you see the kite? It's lost in the clouds there a bit but Caleb has it all "under control".
And, the day, it brought on some shivers and cute rosy cheeks, as it was pretty chilly out there.
But a nice warm lunch was there waiting when they blew back in.

What could get any better?
An afternoon spent with Dad - all while knowing Mom was indoors preparing some grub.
Well I was!  But somebody had to go outside to call them back indoors.

Sausage 'N' Noodle Dinner
(consisting of browned & crumbled sausage, shredded cabbage, grated carrots, onion and noodles -
all brought together with a nice sour cream)
and 
"Red Lobster" Cheese Biscuits

I wish I had pictures of lunch.  But it pretty much disappeared..

Here is the recipe for the biscuits..

2 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup milk or water
3/4 grated cheddar cheese.

Bring together with a fork.  And use a large scoop to put out onto baking stone. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Bake @ 450* for 8-10 minutes

While hot, brush on :
(mixed together)
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. garlic salt

Serve Hot!!
Easy and delicious.

Edited to UPDATE:  I realized I had the name of the casserole wrong (I originally posted it as Creamy Cabbage Casserole).  So now... I found the (correct name) recipe I used.  It's from Taste of Home.  The link for the recipe is HERE.

6 comments:

  1. What is not to love about those sweet faces? I mean seriously...how do you ever find it in your heart to discipline them when they look back at you? I know...a good mama does what she has to do, but they are some sweet looking young'ns! And now I am going to be in search of how to make that creamy cabbage casserole. I already make those biscuits...but would you please consider posting the cabbage casserole recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dianna... see my update in my post. You're comment made me rethink myself (as to why I couldn't find the recipe...) now I know why!
      You can follow the link - I gave.. thanks! You'll really enjoy this dish - if you love cabbage. :) It's good.

      Delete
  2. I have some left over cabbage from my roasted cabbage wedges and was wondering what to do with it - you have inspired me! ;) :D I love bisquick biscuits - I just never remember to buy it - AND have you ever noticed how this is just a little too much mix in the box, so you basically HAVE to buy a second box to use the left over from the first...and the cycle continues - that's some tasty marketing they have there! ;) I love that you were indoors making hot delicious food while your kiddos got to spend some time with their daddy - that's how I like to roll as well....imagine that... ;) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a GREAT day!
    Flying kites, with Dad and yummy food ready and waiting.

    Your children are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Memories made for sure... and a warm meal on a winday day, comforts of home all made by a sweet mama... and If they were like my two, as soon as they came thru the door, the chattering began, and hugs to mama were glorious...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...some exciting adventures in your neck of the woods lately:-)!!!

    Your photos are just darling.

    Thanks for sharing this recipe. I know they will be good:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...