Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

{reflections in song} vs. {yuletide carols}

.. .. ... .. .... .... ... ... ... ..... .. ... .. .... .. .. .. . .. .
Halt!  There has been a name change!!
I guess, I can do this - as it is my blog.
 I wanted to let you know that I've decided to change the name of this ...this series of festive, holiday posts having to do with carols and caroling, etc..

From {reflections in song} to {yuletide carols}.

We're not that far along anyway..so, I don't think it will matter too much.
And while, yes!, I do want it to remain as a time of {reflection in song} - a time to recall and to simply worship Our Saviour! - I felt that for the new friend coming in and just reading the title "reflections in song", they may not get that I am referring to Christmas Carols, etc.

I originally was having trouble with the name of it anyway.
This just suits me better  and hopefully, you too!
All in favor, say aye!  or Not!

***
{Hand Painted}
***
So. As far as I can tell you all have been enjoying it and so have I.  I continue to find myself walking around the house - humming these carols, as I go.

If you went back and read this post - you know that I grew up caroling every Christmas Eve! - with our church.
A special time and a precious memory, for me.

And, every now and then, we - the Carolers - would be ushered indoors for either hot chocolate or a bowl of hot soup {namely Chili}.
So, for tomorrow.  I am going to share with you a recipe for a bowl of hot soup..not, Chili.
This soup is one of my favorites to serve, this time of year!
***
Thanks for reading and singing along..these {yuletide carols}.
s.
City sidewalks, busy sidewalks.
(assume: Country backroads, bumpy dirt roads)
Dressed in holiday style.
In the air
There's a feeling
of Christmas
Children laughing
People passing
Meeting smile after smile
and on ev'ry street corner you'll hear..


Silver bells, silver bells
It's Christmas time in the city (country)
Ring-a-ling, hear them sing
Soon it will be Christmas day.

4 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying these posts!
    Tom and I are hosting a church caroling party soon and this has been most helpful!
    (I am in the process of printing out songs. I'm adding pictures and bits and piece of history to them, with some help from you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bevy, I love this blog of yours... so uplifting.... and yes the title is a go.... I loved both... have a wonderful day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the title better too. I know it's about Christmas this way. You have me singing every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post ! I like it to but like you said it is your blog sister so do what makes you happy ! I am always going around humming just one of those things I do lol ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...