Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

{yuletide carols} In the Bleak Midwinter

. ... ... ..... . .. ... ... . .. .. ... ... ... .. .. .. .. .... .

In the bleak mid-winter
Frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron,
Water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow,
Snow on snow,
In the bleak mid-winter
Long ago.


Our God, Heaven cannot hold Him
Nor earth sustain;
Heaven and earth shall flee away
When He comes to reign:
In the bleak mid-winter
A stable-place sufficed
The Lord God Almighty,
Jesus Christ.


What can I give Him,
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd
I would bring a lamb,
If I were a wise man
I would do my part,
Yet what I can I give Him,
Give my heart.

Christina Rossetti, written 1872 - published posthumously in 1904
***
Listen as Sarah McLachian sings..one of my favorite renditions.

2 comments:

  1. I always loved this one. That's a beautiful rendition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos and post ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...