Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, December 16, 2013

{yuletide carols} Joy to the World!

. .. .. .. .. .. . .. ... ... .... .. .. ... ... .. .. ... ... . . .. .

Joy to the world! The Lord is come
Let earth receive her King!
Let every heart prepare Him room
And heaven and nature sing
And heaven and nature sing
And heaven, and heaven and nature sing

Joy to the world! the Savior reigns
Let men their songs employ
While fields and floods
Rocks, hills and plains
Repeat the sounding joy
Repeat the sounding joy
Repeat, repeat the sound in joy

No more let sin and sorrow grow
Nor thorns infest the ground
He comes to make
His blessings flow
Far as the curse is found
Far as the curse is found
Far as, far as the curse is found

He rules the world with truth and grace
And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness
And wonders of his love
And wonders of his love
And wonders and wonders of his love

***
Remember my first, initial, post on preparing...?  Preparing my heart for more of HIM - this Christmas season?  Well.  I have a confession to make...
I was, I have been, feeling rather Grinch-y (if that is a word!) this season. Every photo you've seen here, this month, with the {yuletide carols} theme, has been a repeat photo, etc.
If it wasn't for my kids...
there honestly wouldn't be a decorations.
I still have a lot of baking to do, cards to finish up and send, gifts to buy (let alone.. plus wrap)...etc.
My Mom & siblings, and their families, usually come to our home for the whole of Christmas Day - and even that got nixed.
With the grinchiness (again, is that even a word?) though, I've been truly enjoying the SLOW.
These carols, that I have been posting everyday, have truly been
ministering to me.
**
Last evening (Sunday), our family did go to our Church's Christmas Concert.  And while I enjoyed it - it still wasn't the thing to "push me over the edge into excitement" about Christmas.

On Saturday - it snowed!  Very nice..
A great day to bake Cinnamon Rolls - in hopes of gifting some of them.
The kids finally convinced me that it really was a "good idea" to start decorating...
and we had fun doing so, late into the evening.
**
My back hurts.  I mean really hurts.
I know why.  It's because I fell off the roof.
Although, no decorations were involved...with this one!  I promise.

**
For today!
All I can say is that I'm so grateful that Christmas has nothing at all to do with me.
Nothing on how Bevy feels, or views things, etc.  Only Christ!  It's only because of HIM.. This may sound cliche, but it's the truth!  Jesus is the Reason for the Season.

I'm happy to report to you that in all of this...
I can finally say - JOY!
Joy to the World..

It's been a joint effort -but by the grace of God and his quiet love for me - I now feel, a preparing...is and has been continuing to take place.  Join me in singing... will you?

Joy to the world! The Lord is come
Let earth receive her King!
Let every heart prepare Him room...
((Hallelujah!))
He comes to make his blessings flow!

4 comments:

  1. Bevy, just so ya know first I will be praying for you like always, and 2nd I am a christmas girl... I mean I love all things christmas, with that said, I havent baked the first cookie, mailed any cards, finished my shopping, and have been under the weather... But I have been praying for God to take care of it all... this is the first Christmas without Colton, and honestly I really dont feel nice about his new wife, and I actually had my say (long story) to her on Thanksgiving night... Its not about him being married, its about how she doesnt want to fit in with us.... We are different, we love Jesus, we love family, we love to celebrate, and my sons birthday was the 13th, (he had no celebration, no cake and when I talked to him he was sad, aggravated) But last night he came home ( with her) and we celebrated like normal... house decorated, dinner, cake and gifts were here for him, and today he left with a smile on his face... and that made me see, that maybe I just have to do to make her see how to celebrate... All was good, and now its time for me to get in gear, and Celebrate the most Important Birthday of the Year... and once again, I could not have done any of this without turning it all over to God, because girl, I so did not want to do this... I am not sure how Deborah's family does things , but I know its gonna take time... time for each of them, and they are young, he is 22 now and she is 19... and I know she loves Christmas so, all is working out.... I will be praying that you feel better, and that your Spirit is revived.. and your Carols, have been a Joy for me as well.... hugs dear girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your honesty and openness. I love Christmas....I love the decorations, music, food...all of it but for me things have been slow this year too. I am trying to keep Christ the center... I am glad you are experiencing joy.... the joy of the Lord is our strength so keep on trusting and allowing his joy to feel your life... Joy to the world the Lord has Come! I am singing with you! Christmas Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been able to get into the "Christmas spirit" this year either. I notice a lot of people feel as I do. And I love all the things that go with Christmas -- the smells, the sounds, the music, the lights. It just feels blah. My favorite Christmas carol is "Joy to the World." Thank you for this post. I need to put Christ back at the forefront of Christmas and get back my joy. I needed this reminder. (This week's advent candle on my wreath is the candle of joy. I guess that tells me something.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and so today, her friend will joyfully sing with her...JOY TO THE WORLD.

    Thanking the Lord despite the circumstances!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...