Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, December 23, 2013

{yuletide carols} Oh Beautiful Star of Bethlehem

. ... ... ... .. .. ... ... .. .... . ... . .. ... .. .. ... .. ...  .

Oh beautiful star of Bethlehem
Shining afar through shadows dimmed
Giving the light for those who long have gone
Guiding the wise men on their way
Unto the place where Jesus lay
Oh beautiful star of Bethlehem shine on

Oh beautiful star the hope of light
Guiding the pilgrims through the night
Over the mountains 'till the break of dawn
Into the land of perfect day
It will give out a lovely ray
Oh beautiful star of Bethlehem shine on

Oh beautiful star (beautiful, beautiful star) of Bethlehem (star of Bethlehem)
Shine upon us until the glory dawns
Give us a lamp to light the way
Unto the land of perfect day
Oh beautiful star of Bethlehem shine on

Oh beautiful star the hope, the grace
For the redeem the good and the blessed
Yonder in glory when the crown is won
Jesus is now the star divine
Brighter and brighter he will shine
Oh beautiful star of Bethlehem shine on

Oh beautiful star (beautiful, beautiful star) of Bethlehem (star of Bethlehem)
Shine upon us until the glory dawns
Give us a lamp to light the way
Unto the land of perfect day
Oh beautiful star of Bethlehem shine on

***

No words are needed for this hymn..
Just another one of my all-time favorites.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this hymn~~I had never heard it before, so I found it on youtube. It's beautiful. Have a Blessed Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you serious? WOW! that really surprises me.. (as you can tell!) This hymn... is an old stand-by/ was an old stand-by growing up. I can still hear us as carolers - singing this one loud and clear ...and ending up laughing as we would get the words mixed up.. Unto the place, Into the land of perfect day, etc.
      I'm glad you found it - to listen too..

      Merry Christmas, Nancy!

      Delete
  2. Bevy! This takes me back again to the Southern Gospel days of my childhood! We had this one on a record, for goodness sakes! I can't remember the group, but I can still hear it (and sing it) with the swang of the words. (I know 'swang' isn't a word, but ya know what I mean?)
    Yes! I'm glad to be back checking out your blog!!! Been way too long - great series, and AWESOME - in the literal - AWESOME pics of winter scenes! Wow, now I know why God dumped those couple snow blitzes on us! Perfect pics to go with your series.
    So, where do I find the recipes I missed? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bevy, This one is the best for me... When I was nine years old, my mom, myself and my dad sang this in church in front of 400 or so people... I remember being terrified, but what a joy... My brother and sister sat in the front row and made silly faces at me and I recall them being in big trouble when they got home... My mom sang beautifully and was the lead singer of a gospel group know as the Amazing Grace Trio... my dad never sang, he played the Dobro guitar... and still does... this song is one my favorite memories with my mom and dad... and so perfect at Christmas... Did you know there is actually a Star of Bethlehem flower/plant... and its beautiful as well... I loved this today... Thank you for sharing all of this... I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.... hugs dear girl...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of this carol (and I know a lot of carols). I will have to look it up on youtube. The words are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...