Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

{yuletide carols} Toyland

. ... .. ... ... ... ... ... .... .. ... ... .... ..... . .. .. .

Toyland, toyland
Little girl and boy land
While you dwell within it
You are ever happy there

Childhood's joy land
Mystic merry toyland
Once you pass its borders
You can ne'er return again

When you've grown up, my dears
And are as old as I
You'll laugh and ponder on the years
That roll so swiftly by, my dears
That roll so swiftly by

Childhood's joy land
Mystic merry toyland
Once you pass its borders
You can ne'er return again

***
Take a listen, here..


I had to add this one in - one, because I hear it so often from one of my kids' Christmas CD's that we've been listening to - over and over, and it's been growing on me.  I like it's catchy jingle..

Two. I am including this song... because last evening our family went and FINALLY started on Christmas shopping. Ahem!  DON'T shop WITH YOUR CHILDREN - WHILE THEY'RE with YOU!!  

I don't know why I'm telling you that - because nobody else (in their right mind!) would do that.  Only us, silly folk.  Gheez!!

Here's the deal.  I wasn't nearly enjoying "toyland" as much as my kids were... and I think we left the store(s) with a few broken hearts in tow.  
Yikes!
However, it was fun for me to observe  the looks and squeals and pining over a few that spotted their eye..

It's good that we still have just a couple more shopping days left...then again, by then, Christmas, the "wants and wishes for" will have long passed... 

Lord Willing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, you aren't the first to shop with children in tow.
    Tom and I use to shop with them. Actually, it was (fun??) interesting, yes, interesting is the word.
    I like that you made it a family event. The children will remember that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...