Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday's Finds :: I still have time! {an epiphany}

. .. .... ... ... ... .... ... .... .. .. ... .. .. ... ... .. .. .

I haven't talked about laundry in awhile and so I thought maybe today would be the day!
There is some beautiful sunshine outdoors this morning, beautiful enough that you'd think it would be nice enough hanging weather.  NOT!!  They'd freeze stiff.  So, into the dryer the clothes go.  

Anyway..

Welcome to Friday's Finds!


Here is my find...  The other day - I had an epiphany, and I thought I would share that with you today.

I was folding the laundry.  A regular weekly occurrence.  It's also a time when I can "sit and ponder" as well as pray!  I think about a lot of things.  I pray, probably without thinking about it..
On this day, as  I was folding each of the kids clothes...it dawned on me just how big my kids are growing and how fast.  I prayed they'd slow down.. a bit.

My kids are six, five and two.  Right now - their "laundry loads" - are just one really big load.  There isn't a separate load or two for each kid - yet.

At the same time.

It dawned on me that I still have time.  You laugh!  But by the looks of their clothes... I realized that my children are still small.  Small enough to remain teachable.  They're still young and oh-so-innocent.  They are still my responsibility to raise and nurture.  We have a ways to go.  A lot of growing seasons ahead..

I couldn't believe how much it hit me... that I still have time!  It's such a strange thing and kind of funny, actually. You'd think I would  have thought about this way before now... but apparently not. Again, I know you're laughing at me...

***
Have a wonderful sort of weekend...even if it's just about sorting the laundry!


8 comments:

  1. I've found that a Mother still has time even when the kids are 13 years old :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bev, you have lots of time!!! Just wait until they are teenagers, then you can fast for them. Sometimes for days!! You can probably start fasting for them now! Thanks for the idea of praying for them while doing their wash. I have decided to pray for whomever's wash I am folding. That means my husband will get lots of prayers also!!!!!! God bless and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed some Bevy this morning so came to your blog for a visit. I've been missing you, sister! I haven't gotten back into blog reading routine after switching to WordPress and losing my Google reader.

    I love that your kids are little and that you are AWARE of that. Too often young moms wish the years away because having littles is SO challenging. They want them to grow up. It's always encouraging that you are so spiritually aware of your children and your hubby. You always refresh me. Plus, I miss having little kids and I love seeing your pics and hearing your stories, and even seeing pics of little tiny clothes all stacked up. They are precious years, thank you for cherishing them. Blessings on your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bevy, Im not laughing... oh how I wish I would have savored those days more... and yes I too sometimes (not many) but I did wish for my kids to be grown.. and now that one is and the other is close, I wish I could shrink them back to littles... so yes love and enjoy the moment you are in, even when they are difficult moments. Because all in all they grow way too fast... And what a great time to pray... BLess you girl... Hope you are warm and toasty... this cold weather has just about kicked my behind... so ready for spring... yes I know there I go again wishing for time to pass... lol... take care...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bevy, I understand... Take it from this Mom.. My youngest is 28 and oldest is 33 years old... Time just goes by so fast.. Cherish this time! Savor it! Enjoy the litle things... even folding laundry.. May you truly enjoy these days...before long you will have some wonderful Grands to love and cuddle...Have a great weekend....Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you still have time...it's true. However, that time will FLY by...and, before you know it the clothes will be grown up just like the kids. Savour each day and each moment....they are precious! Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds to me that you are enjoying the PRESENT and yearning for the future and that is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not laughing either. Only shaking my head yes while smiling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...