Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday's Finds :: I'm torn!

. ... ... ...  ... .. ... ... .... .. . .. . . .. ... ... .. .
Christmas Decor!
Winter Decor!
They're one in the same around here...

Do I take it down and put it all away - today!  Or wait a few..

 That, my friend, is the quandary I find myself in...

(Here is the reason.  I nearly didn't put any up at all - that is until my kids convinced me two weeks before Christmas.  Usually, it's all up the day after Thanksgiving - or soon thereof.  Now, I'm half-ready to take it all down.  It's still winter, yes!  My kids beg...to hang on to it a little longer.  Sigh!)
~~~
Welcome to Friday's Finds!


Finding myself torn.
***
Until I decide and when I decide...
Enjoy your day and on into the weekend.

May God bless you and yours!

4 comments:

  1. Bevy, Sitting here looking out my LR window and snow falling down...(so ready for Spring) but its not my decision.. so I say let the kiddo's decide... I for one when my kids were small, I would wait until they were in bed, and change out the decorations to valentines day... and wow what a joyful day that made... and they were so ready to draw hearts and such and Christmas was a memory.. So its just an idea... being inside alot in the winter is such a hard season.. but its there for a purpose, I always thought it was to make us slow down... savor each day, because when the season change it seems we all get busier... Have a wonderful weekend... and oh how I miss those days with my kiddos, at that age... hugs dear one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...things are a tad different here - north of the boarder that is - because our Thanksgiving is in October and so I will put up decorations for Christmas/winter any time after Remembrance Day - so once all the Christmas festivities have come and gone - and DEFINATELY before the new year - it is ALL taken down!!!!! I LOVE to start the new year, clean and fresh!!!

    So basically I'm not help to you - because I start long before you do and obviously pack it all away long before you....even though I think our winter is longer...?!?

    Sorry - not much help! But enjoy your weekend - whatever you decide! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put away the Christmas stuff but leave up snowmen and snowflakes through January. I usually decorate for Valentine's Day on February 1. But everyone is different. Do what seems right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bevy, I still have my decorations up...it's mostly winter decorating anyway. Anything that really pertained to Christmas I had just put away but my tree is still up and I enjoy the lights on at night and also some of the dark, dreary days. It helps me get through the winter. When you consider a whole year it really isn't that long to have the winter decorating anyway. Have a great weekend! Melanie P.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...