Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Friday's Finds :: Longing!

. ... ... ... ... ... .. .. .. ..... .. ... ... ..... .... .. .. ..
Heart's Desire... Home!
La Mont W. Olsen

When the work of the day is finished
And I turn my footsteps home,
I enter the gate to paradise
In a world I call my own.

A little nose on the window,
Two tiny hands thrown up in glee,
A burst of childish laughter
Rings out at the sight of me.

The patter of tiny footsteps
Across the kitchen floor;
Two smiling cheeks, two big blue eyes
To meet me at the door.

A cheerful face and a glad "hello,"
A kiss and a hug - two or three -
We meet in a happy reunion,
Mother, and son and me.

Oh, it's here that I've found contentment -
Just to read and dream by the fire,
In a home where peace and love abide,
I call it "Heart's Desire."

***
I long for this to always be true of our home ~ and yours!

Enjoy your both your weekend and your family.



***
The Mug & Muffins - Giveaway Winner name will be drawn tonight and announced on Monday!
Thank you, for entering!

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures are perfect with the poem, too.
    Our children use to get so excited when daddy came home. They never got tired of running and squealing at the sight of him.

    (my fat finger pushed the wrong key, that's why two comments!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poem is so sweet.

    and I love peaking outside your window;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...