Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Meet me there at Ten!

.. .. .. .... . .. ... .... .. ... ..... .. .... .. ... ... ... ... .

"Coffee is far more than a beverage.
It is an invitation to life, disguised as a cup of warm liquid. 
It's a trumpet wake-up call or a gentle rousing hand on your shoulder...
Coffee is an experience, an offer, a rite of passage, a good excuse to get together.
When someone invites you to get coffee, it isn't because they're thirsty.  It might be because they're cold, but more likely it is because they want to spend time with you.  Coffee makes a promise.
Coffee also calls us out of hiding.  Coffee is a universal welcome."
 ~Nichole Johnson, Fresh Brewed Life

***
Do you hear the invitation, this morning?

Let's grab a cup of coffee, shall we?  Meet me there at Ten! (smile!)

Listen, you need this invitation as much as I do...

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”  ~Matthew 11: 28-30 ESV
                                                                               ***


10 comments:

  1. Bevy, I know you love your coffee, but I am a no Coffee, Tea girl... Used to be Diet coke girl, but in the last 6 months I am a pure Ice water girl with a hint of lemon... I have tried Tea, cant do it.. and Coffee cant get past the smell... My hubby however used to be a MAJOR coffee drinker, but then he switched to Gourmet coffee so I could tolerate the smell.. but now he just does the Ice Tea Drink.. ( which I still find YUCK)... I am not sure why I dont like either, but I sometimes wish I could enjoy that cup of jo... and yes, its not really about the drink, its about the fellowship... So enjoy that cup today, and lend that ear, shoulder or just laughter to brighten someone's day... It may just brighten yours... Have a wonderful day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I should have said, Yes before all that babbling... Our conversation I think would be wonderful... Thanks for the invite...

      Delete
    2. No matter... the fellowship would still be sweet! I personally can't imagine life with coffee (or tea!) and that is no cliche comment... but I suppose (obviously!) there are those who don't drink it. Still - I bet if someone said "You wanna go for coffee?", you'd go - just for the company. Amen?

      Thank you for your sweet friendship...

      Delete
    3. Yes, oh yes... sweet Bevy... but I must say, in the photo the sweet treat on the plate looks devine... ;) hugs dear girl... and Thanks for the friendship as well....

      Delete
  2. Oh how I'd love to get together for coffee Bevy!!!

    But yes, I needed that invitation today! I love that first quote...so true - I especially like that part about, when someone invites you for coffee it isn't because they are thirsty!! lol! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, what do you wanna talk about?

      haha

      ***
      Have you ever read this book - Fresh-Brewed Life, by Nicole Johnson? Kaitlin - YOU WOULD LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Sounds lovely for me either a coffee or a cuppa of tea with a sweet treat , good conversation or just quietly with nature . Lovely post . Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you take your coffee (or tea)- Country Gal?
      I take my coffee black and my tea with a smidge of honey.. ;)

      ***
      My day is going pretty good so far...thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Love this, of course Bevy. :) Love me my coffee... love me the conversations that happen over a cup... hey by the way, I am glad your children won - as with the decorations in your house... I love walking past your window when we come home at night, twinkling with lights. It's like a little welcome home hug from your house! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey now... if this isn't one the most hear-warming comments ever!! ;)

      That is fun hearing - from your perspective - about our "Christmas & Winter Decor". I appreciate the encouragement. Really, I do.

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...