Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Slow Fade

. .... ..... ... . .. .. .. ... .. ... ... .... .. ... .. .. ... .. .. 


***
Reading in 1 Peter 5:6-11, this morning...convinced me that I need to share this song with you this morning.  It's a song that has been playing over and over in my heart and in my head.  Lately, I've just been thinking about (pondering) the words to this song, and the words - they have become a solid prayer of mine - to be aware of this very thing.  That - Slow Fade.
Everyone thinks - "Oh, this will never happen to me, etc."  but, it does, and it can, more often than we care to admit.  Oh so very slowly..
When it comes to my marriage, my mothering, my relationships..either with the LORD or any other person.. it's time to remain vigilant. Because - they matter!  It's time to stand firm!

Be controlled and alert.  Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.  Resist him, standing firm in the faith... (vs.8-9a)

Will you join me in prayer..?
Will you keep fighting for what's worth fighting for..in your life?
Don't get caught in the Slow Fade.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, such true words... and I so needed this today... and to think its been a slow fade.. and honestly I have felt that more often than not.. which saddens me.. and yes to be more aware, vigilant, and stand firm and choose the right words, actions, and decisions that will restore life... and I have found without going to God first is when I fail so easily... Thanks for this today, Bevy... sometimes I have that simple thought, if only I could fade away... but deep down its not what I really want... will be thinking more on this for sure today... love and hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Connie! If I'm honest... I will tell you that I had a lot of fear come through me to post this today. I know this "slow fade" thing is a REAL reality for many people out there - even now. It hurts.

      It's easy, at times, to just run away and hide rather than face the truth...
      I'm aware - even for myself - how much "the fade" can take us by surprise. I don't want that. I want Jesus~ the Sure and FADE-PROOF formula for my life because it is HE that is the only and true difference maker.

      I'll be thinking of you today, Connie. Thanks for sharing your heart...

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...