Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

~ Taking God at His Word ~

. ... .. ... ..... .. ... .. ... .... .. .... ... ... ... .. ... .. .. .

As I mentioned recently, I really do cling to this verse.   This verse 8 of Psalm 138..
Here it is in it's entirety...from the King James Version.

I appreciate the language used here..

The LORD will perfect that which concerns me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth forever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.  ~ Psalm 138:8

You can see that this is written on my memo board, by my kitchen sink.  I've been pondering this verse ... a lot, here of late, because I want it to be right there - in my face.  What is that really concerns me?
Oh a lot of things do and can.
I worry that...
I wonder this...
I hope for that.
I wish this would...
I can't believe...
Really??..
What if...
What will it be like when..
And, why?
How much longer...
Will he or she...
When will this ever change or end..

I'm sure this list is inexhaustible.  I'm sure I'm not alone.  
When I stop; give pause, and reflect ALL it is that 'concerns' me and when I take God at his Word ... and really settle my soul on the fact that only HE can perfect these things...do I only then have peace.  True peace.  These things are not for me to worry about it.  He's got it!  It's in His hands.  Am I to do something and help - yes!  I can.  He gives strength and grace to carry on... but the overall knowing that it only by God that anything will come to completion.  He is working.  He has a plan and is "chiseling" away to bring this to refinement..
I need this reminder, daily.  I really do.

...He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion...  ~ Philippians 1:6, ESV

1 Peter 5:7, NIV encourages, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you".

Corrie Ten Boom writes..
Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strength.

Wow!  some good words to ponder there.. amen?

***
Is there anything your wrestling with today?  What is it that concerns you..? 
How can I be praying for you, today?


5 comments:

  1. An fitting piece for me to read since work seems to be difficult for my husband and son to get lined up. The bills are there whether money is coming in or not. Yet worry can do nothing to solve the problems. Faith and patience need to grow and relying on God, who works in his time and not ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous..

      Thanks for sharing - openly and honestly - this tough season you're walking through. I'll be praying for you and I've shared this recently with someone else - but if you have a Bible, read the passage of Isaiah 45 - particularly verses 2 & 3. I trust you'll find those as encouraging as any other passage... where it says.
      "I will go before you and will level the mountains - I will break through gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places - so that you may KNOW that I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel - and I Love you.." - (paraphrased, a bit..) Take HIM at his word...He will never leave you nor forsake you!! I hope you know HIM and can believe all that He has for you.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      God bless.
      ~Bevy

      Delete
  2. Timely eh?! Seeing as I already asked you for prayer today! ;) Good thoughts to ponder and great Corrie quote - I've always liked that one!! (By like I mean - have always needed to remember! ;) )

    Lovely writing on your message board!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bevy, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to remind yourself, Bevy! I love this idea...may I borrow it? Love the Psalm too.
    And I know exactly how you feel.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...