Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A warm & lovely "hello" from our home to yours!

 ... .... ... . ... . .... . . .. ... ... .... .... ... .... .. . 
Aubrey's Artwork
Do you know the Love of God, this morning?  There is that.  And then there is this well-known, well-loved hymn. I don't know if your familiar with the lyrics of this dear hymn... but, this is one that I've been pondering for some time now - again.  Then when I recently came across a bit of the hymn's history in a small devotional - I knew I wanted to share it with you, again, today.  Just because it's been so fresh and so convicting on my heart.  How much do I really comprehend the Love of God?  How great is it, really?

The Love Of God

Take this third stanza and refrain, for instance..

Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above,
Would drain the ocean dry.
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.

refrain
O love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure
The saints’ and angels’ song.

***
I hope and trust you'll take a few moments of your day to sit and ponder this, as well.

And, as for Aubrey's Artwork...?
I looked down at my feet on day - while walking across our front porch - and it was like,
"Oh, Hello!" and so I thought we would share this lovely piece with you all, today.

These sporadic, warmer days - here and there - are making us really "think Spring!" and if they don't soon appear on the earth - we'll create them on the concrete.  :)

Blessings to each one today!

3 comments:

  1. I needed to hear this today Bevy.... thank you! Tell Audrey hello and let her know that her artwork is beautiful and she is too.... Bless you both today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Connie - Yes! I will let Aubrey know.

    Thank you for constant friendship and encouragement here!! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it just bring you to tears when you really think about God's love for us?! Good job on the artwork, Aubrey. I'm sure it put a smile on your face, Bevy! Last year my niece came for a visit and had artwork all over on our driveway...it didn't rain for a few days afterward and so we were able to enjoy it for awhile. It sure did put smiles on our faces for days. Now I have this to look forward to with our granddaughter. Have a great day...YAY SPRING!!!!!!!! Melanie P.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...