Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, March 28, 2014

"No winter lasts forever; no spring skips it's turn"

. .... ... .. .. ... .... .... ..... .. .... .. ... .. ... ... ... .
Great quote here by, Hal Borland

No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.

Rest assured! How true this is!
Even though the calender says its officially Spring but the snowflakes still fly one day and the temps dip another, it doesn't always feel that way, does it?

This all happened last week, where we still had some serious snow mounds randomly piled here and there throughout our yard but the temps were warm enough to venture outdoors and get some spring-like fresh air into the lungs.  And, oh we needed that.

Behold!  I found my two daughter's "cheerfully" removing the snow piles one scoop (and pan) at a time off into the flower garden... just because!

Here's left to wonder...

If I would have told them to go out there and physically remove those snow piles...?  Would they have?
The sun could have easily taken care of that for them..

I smile.

I wish I had a picture of the two of them struggling together to walk this pan, multiple times, across the yard.
Oh, such hard work...
Completely unnecessary, but oh what fun!

***
Today, every last bit of snow is gone and is instead being replaced by raindrops!
Lots of them!

I am reminded of the encouraging verses found Isaiah 55, that read.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, 
and do not return to it without watering the earth 
and making it bud and flourish, 
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, 
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
 it will not return to me empty, 
but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

You will go out in joy

and be lead forth in peace;
the mountains and the hills will burst
into song before you, 
and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree, 
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.

This will be for the Lord's renown..


***
May you have a wonderful weekend - filled with the Promises of God!
Spring is one of them.

Yes, Lord!

6 comments:

  1. You're gals are so cute! But it would take them a life time to shovel away all the snow here - though it was above freezing today AND it rained most of the day - so the snow is melting - Hallelujah!! Thanks for the quote - it's needed! ;) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *your - not you're - sheesh! Maybe I better proof read more...or sleep...either one would be good! ;)

      Delete
  2. thank you for this...just so encouraging....
    I love that quote and have written it down that 'no winter
    last forever; no spring skips it's turn'...even in our darkest
    times in life and there will be those times.... it so encouraging to
    know that 'no winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn!
    thank you for this Bevy, and I must say that I just love
    your girls crocheted hats...they are so cute...love that big crocheted
    flower on the front of the pink one!
    God bless, Corinne
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corinne. I love(d) hearing from you again. About those hats... I wish I could say I made them. I can't. But I do know someone who can... I would just have to twist her arm pretty HARD!! :)

      Delete
  3. Bevy, your girls are adorable... and I am sure they just enjoyed being outdoors... and it shows they have a helping heart... and that is a gift... It rained some here today and a bit windy... but it was refreshing because the temps were warm enough to sit outside a little... have a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quote is fitting and the photos are darling. The promise and hope are more than enough. yes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...