Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, March 17, 2014

Stay At Home!

. ... .. .... ... ... .. ... ... .... .... ... ... ..... .. ... .. ..



It was a lovely morning...and a lovely visit.

I was out running a few errands and en-route to pick up my five year old from school when I decided my two year old and I had enough time to stop in at a friends house; to say "hello" and give her a small gift.  This Mama-friend is a beautiful soul.  I wasn't sure that she was home, as I didn't see a vehicle, in the drive, but when I knocked at the door - it opened in an instant.  With great enthusiasm she ushered me indoors and begged me to stay.  "Stay, for as long as you can, can you?!"  I smiled..

She was wearing her apron and her house smelled of home.  Applesauce?  Yumm!  I wasn't sure how long I could stay - due to my own schedule nor how long my baby girl would allow... but I knew one thing.  I didn't want to leave.

You have to understand one thing about me.  I'm a homebody.  I don't do this spur-of-the-moment stuff like this.  Very often.  At all.  I wish I did..

So, while at this dear friend's home... we chatted a lot and caught up, as it had been awhile since we last saw one another.

She said something to me, that early afternoon, that warmed me straight to my toes.

"Bev", she said, "please, don't take this the wrong way... but I'm a homebody, too!  When I do get out - and sometimes while out and around, I'll go by your home on purpose, just to see if I'm right.  You're always, ALWAYS home! and I love that about you."

That was probably  one of the most encouraging things I've ever heard said, about me.  I'm serious.  For someone else, another mama, a friend, to say she appreciates me being a stay-at-home mom (too!) because that is a desire of her own heart and  it encourages her where she is at in her life, as well.  (sigh!- a good, contented sigh)

While that is my life.. and I do love it!  I don't know that I have ever thought about it in that way.  That me being a stay-at-home mom is a blessing to someone else (outside of my own four walls) that they should be encouraged and content in their own being a stay-at-home mom.

Wow!
What a breath of fresh air.
***
{Let us}encourage one another, and build each other up. ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:11

15 comments:

  1. I was smiling, all the way through, dear Bev. You are a great writer, just so you know. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, Thank you!! ~ Tracy. You are a blessing to me!

      Delete
  2. I'm a homebody too...I have had so many people say to me that it's touching to them that someone can be that content to be at home especially now a days when people seem to be on such a fast track of life. I enjoy my home, I enjoy what I do and can always find things to keep me content. If I feel the need to get out some a nice country drive always is enjoyable. It's nice to know others enjoy their home too. Hope you have an enjoyable day!! Melanie P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing quite like a heart at home with home. Amen? Thanks for reading here... Melanie!

      Delete
  3. Bevy, just so ya know, I think its wonderful that you are a stay at home mom.... Its always been my dream to do so... and honestly I use to be a on the go girl because that is what I thought moms did... but ya know I was so wrong... On the go just wears ya out... and its hard on the kiddos... Now I just do my housecleaning first on most days and then I sometimes just read, or sit and take in the beauty outside... ( winter time ) Summer time I am outside mostly... but I love the quiet, and the non hustle and bustle of days.. Just this morning I was asked what do ya do all day when your home? I told them the same thing, cook, clean, read, prepare for the next season... the older I get the more I enjoy my days... and it is trickling down in my children's lives as well... we all are homebodies and love it... and I must say, one of the things about being a reader of your blog and the other few I read, it inspires me deeply when each of you post about home, God and family... Enjoy sweet friend, and if I lived close I would give you a surprise visit...and what joy we would share.... Bless you..... your friend is lucky to have you... and so am I...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie. You know that "surprise visit" from you would be an awesome thing.

      I know that being a stay-at-home isn't always possible for everyone...and I hope I didn't evoke hard feelings about that (not meaning for you, Connie, - I mean for everyone reading..) But making the most of our time and place does speak volumes and like you say - it trickles down and becomes a real life-changer. I for one - can even do better. I know it.

      Thanks for being such a dear friend..

      Delete
  4. Your posts always make me feel so good. Although I have had a little more driving this year, home is where we love to be. I would just stay put 99% of the time, if I could! I am home a lot, though, and your words just encourage me to know that this is OK...and a good thing! What a sweet friend you have and what a joy you are to those around you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia.

      You know who's home I would love to pop in at and spend time visiting?? Yours. I would so enjoy a visit to your place, your farm...

      Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  5. i used to want to go, always find something to do, sometimes your looked down on if you choose home or dont have something to do on the weekends. we enjoy being with each other more than with anyone else. we have become closer as a family by saying no, and choosing each other and family time. i love to not be "busy". some people value themselves by how busy they are, how many phone calls, emails or texts they respond too. some people arent even "with" you when they are sitting across from you! im so glad the i discovered that home is the best place to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Home is the best place to be. I agree. I also agree with the part you said about sometimes folks aren't present even when they're with you. Something to think about... for sure. Thanks Janelle... for reading here.
      It often makes me wonder, because of all the photos on the blog here, if you miss your old home much?

      Delete
  6. Look how you have touched so many, just by staying home!
    Bevy, you have really come into your own person. I love how you are such a Godly woman ( and mother).

    "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:"
    Proverbs 31: 28

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. It's you who is always a blessing to me.. your encouragement is infectious. So, so appreciated. thanks again.

      Delete
  7. I have to make myself go out - and often I have anxiety about it. I know (for me) that this is an area that God is working on - because I am MORE then content to stay home but that He wants me to get out more and visit more and so I work on it. I do so enjoy fellowship....and coffee! ;) And once I'm out it's not so bad!! I'm getting over then anxiety of going out - even with three kids in tow but home is where I'm most happy and most content! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH...and I meant to add - that if I have been out - especially for a number of days, I LONG to be home, with NO plans and NO where to go and NO one to see!!! I recharge at home, that's for sure!!

      AND I loved all of your photos - all those little sneak peeks into your life and what makes your house a home! ;) :D

      Delete
    2. Oh Kaitlin - this deserves a second comment. Even though we talked about all of this already on and over the phone last night. It needs to be said, right here and right now. What you said. THAT IS SO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I can really, really struggle to get out. It does. It causes me anxiety and I pray that stuff gets cancelled so I don't have to "go"... but If and when I do... it's all good and I'm glad for it. We're a strange sort, us women. At least I am... I know it.

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...