Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, March 14, 2014

Winds of Change

... .... ... . ... .. ... .... .. .. .. ... ... .... .... .. .. .

There was an old 
weather-vane
high on a shed,
The wind came a courting
and turned his head;

And all it could utter for 
lack of a mouth
Was -- East, and West,
and North and South. 
                                   ~ unknown

***
Winds of Change!
They come and come and come.  This way and that..
I don't know always know how I feel about it.

But. One thing I know...
My feet are sure.
Solid.
On the Rock of my Salvation.

There is really something quite settling about that feeling...
Quite Settling.
I trust you can know this peace as well, my friend!

Blessings to you and yours, this weekend!

***
See you Monday?

3 comments:

  1. Nobody likes change except a wet baby :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How right you are and then there are even some of those "who don't care". Ask me how I know.. :)

      Here is a funny, Mitzi. You're comment reminded me of this. When I worked on Maternity - at our local hospital. There was a cross-stitched piece hanging in the hallway that was from 1 Corinthians 15:51, that reads.. " We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed".

      Have a great weekend, my friend!!

      Delete
  2. Winds of change...how the weather has been changing these days. Feels a little like spring one day and then snow again. Oh My!!! But yes, Bevy we can be so sure of our salvation and God's love for us and for that I am so very thankful! Melanie P.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...