Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Deep-Dish Taco Squares

. ... .. .. .. .. .. ... .. ... .. .. ... ... .... ... .. .. ... .. .
Here you are!  The recipe for Deep Dish Taco Squares.  You've all waited so patiently... thank you!!


Deep Dish Taco Squares
Crust:
2 cup. Bisquick
1/2 cup water

Mix crust ingredients and spread on bottom (and up sides, partially) of either a lightly greased 9x13" pan or 7x11".  I use the second sized pan.  The dough...I just press into place by hand.

Brown and drain 1lb. hamburger.  Add 1 pkg (1T.) taco seasoning. (Want to know how to make your own Taco Seasoning?) Mix well and while still in the frying pan...add two (2) medium chopped tomatoes (I chop up whole tomatoes taken out of the freezer..) as well as 1/2 cup chopped green peppers.  (I keep chopped peppers in the freezer, too!  So handy, this way.)

Spread this meat mixture over crust.  The veggies don't really need to be cooked - as they bake up nicely.

Topping or Sauce:
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (or a Mexican blend..)
2 T. finely chopped onions.
(I like to use my fresh green onions or chives...in place of onions)

Spread sauce on top and bake at 325* for 25-30 minutes.  Serve with taco toppings such as shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream, etc.  Yield: 4-6 servings.

I like to serve oven-baked rice, black beans or a nice dish of garden sweet corn to any mexican dish I might serve.  Sometimes, as you can see by the photo, it's plain ole broccoli. ;)
***

So what is on your dinner menu for this evening?

5 comments:

  1. Thank You Bevy.... Yummy.... but I have a question... Have you ever used a different ingredient for Bisquick, I am allergic to it... not sure but I get really sick if I use it... If so please let me know... Hope your having a wonderful day... hugs dear one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is a lovely, filling meal! We will have to try it this week.

    Thank you for the recipe....you know I love a good one :).

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe will come in handy. Child approved and mother tested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my but that looks yummy, Bevy.. My hubby would love it.. Thanks.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have hamburger thawed out already...I see this being served tonight for dinner. Thank you! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...