Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

He Lives {within my heart}

. .... .. .. ... .. .... ... ... .. .. ... . .. ... ... ... . .. ..
Happy Resurrection Day!
She beat me to it - as I was about to wish her a "Happy Easter!"  I gulped, surprised maybe to hear this from her, and smiled, waved and instead said, "Yes! same to you!"
How cliché...of me, I chided myself.
I waved to my son, and blew kisses, as the bus rolled away.  Tears filled my eyes.
Happy Resurrection Day!
Something about the way the bus driver, said that phrase...that way...deepened the meaning of what really this weekend, this Sunday, this Easter is all about.  I wasn't expecting it, maybe.  From her?  But, Hallelujah...
I asked myself, as I turned to walk back to the house.  The tears still brimming my eyes.. the birds all singing... the sun all shining.  Lovely morning!
Why didn't I add to the quick exchange with more?  More of ... HE IS RISEN!.... HE LIVES!  He lives within my heart...? to affirm my heart is with hers in this celebration.
It's true. I believe it is true.  I KNOW it's true..  So, why didn't that roll off my tongue..?  Ironically, the coffee mug, I held in my hand, bears the phrase... ALL BY GRACE!  ahh, I needed this fresh reminder.  I took a long sip..
 ((a mug recently won via a GIVEAWAY, through the (in)courage blog..  That was a fun day!))

Lord Jesus, I pray, help me to feel your grace in this moment...
It seemed as if this truth, HIS GRACE, just needed a bit of resurrecting in my own heart, this morning.  That too, is grace.
Immediately, while walking into the house,  the hymn, HE LIVES, came to mind and now it's on my heart and mind.   I'm singing! - as I'm going about my day.  Will you care to join me?
I serve a risen Savior, He's in the world today;
I know that He is living whatever men may say;
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him, He's always near.

He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives, Salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart.

In all the world around me I see His loving care,
And tho' my heart grows weary I never will despair;
I know that He is leading thro' all the stormy blast,
The day of His appearing will come at last.

He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives, Salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart.

Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian, lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ the King!
The hope of all who seek Him, the help of all who find,
None other is so loving, so good and kind.

He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives, Salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart.

***
May you, too, be encouraged this day!  Looking forward to Resurrection Sunday here, are you?

3 comments:

  1. I loved this post!
    Have a beautiful, blessed resurrection Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a Blessed Resurrection Sunday - as well. He lives!!

      Delete
  2. He lives! He is risen...indeed!! What a precious hope we have in Him!! Many Blessings, Camille

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...