Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Super Mom

. ... .. ..... . ..... ...... .. .. ... .... . ... ... .... . . ... .... 

I remind myself daily...

I may not be a Supermom.
But, I can be a Super Mom!

It's been helping.
Helping to hang in there.
Helping to keep perspective.
Helping to do better
and better, and better.
Not perfect.
It's just what I consider as progress..

***
For to this you have been called... 1 Peter 2:21

This quote by Elizabeth Elliot continues to stir me, every time I read.  May it encourage your heart as well.

This job has been given to me to do. 
Therefore, it is a gift.
Therefore, it is a privilege.
Therefore, it is an offering I may make to God.
Therefore, it is to be done gladly, if it is to be done for Him.
Here, not somewhere else, I may learn God's Way.
In this job, not in some other, 
God looks for faithfulness. ~ E. Elliot

6 comments:

  1. Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Elisabeth Elliott! Absorbing her words daily...
    being a mother is such a gift and offers a million ways to grow us and change us for the Lord.
    Lovey, Bevy.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bevy, What an encouraging post! I was challanged with the words from Elizabeth Elliot. Sometimes its not so easy to do what God has called us to do "gladly." And yes, it is a "privilege" to do all as unto the Lord.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that quote from Elizabeth Elliot and your honesty, Bevy. Mothering is like nothing else, and you're so right... perseverance is much more important than perfection.

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Dotti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good things on this post. I treasure these quotes and thoughts on motherhood.

    I don't know who quoted this, but this quote reminded me of your post:

    I think it was Jill Churchill who quoted that There's no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one.

    I think of this daily:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that quote from Elizabeth Elliot. I am not a mom, but it can apply in so many areas of my life: being a wife, an employee, a sister, a friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...