Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

This Moment...

 . .... .. .. .. ... ... .. .. ... ..... .. ... .. ... . ... .. .. .. . .. .. .. ..

I don't blame them.  After the long winter, like we just had... I'd run too, if I was kept "so cooped up" in a small inner coral and only the barn as compared to the wide open spaces of a green grassy meadow as large as large can be.

What's fun to observe is that for every Spring since we have lived here on this farm we've gotten to see the farmer-landlord let his cows out; for the first time, that season.  And, boy!! Do they ever run and skip and jump around.  These cows; they chase and play - tag! is what it looks like. :)  Their tails held high and an arch in their back like their foot-loose and fancy free and there ain't no stoppin' them now...

This is what happened yesterday.

The cows; they were set free!

I only wish I had an exact picture of this moment.  Truth is.  If you don't have your camera in hand - at that precise time - you miss it!  One, because you're so caught up in the moment of their joy that you forget to leave your post to go find it.  It's a moment of pleasure to take in and SMILE over.  It's just so fun to watch...
and take it in.  It totally makes you giggle..

This moment.

***
I think of an old Sunday School song I sing with my children. Count it as an analogy to the "story" I share above.  An analogy that maybe will mean something to your heart as well... if you know it's truth!  Here is just a part of the song...

Once I was B-O-U-N-D by the chains of S-I-N.
Now V-I-C-T-O-R-Y for Jesus reigns within.

We can be so like those cows.  Bound. And reigned in by sin.  So much so, that it has become our identity. We don't know no different anymore.  We are enslaved...to this!  Until, by the help of his Spirit, we're made aware of our NEED...

Until ... we're set FREE!!

Oh glorious day!!  Is it not?

This (same sort of) moment!

I like these several verses found in Psalm 107...

(13.-16.) Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom and broke away their chains.Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron.

Oh, what reason to rejoice; with dancing and singing...
experiencing truly the FREEDOM that only comes in and through Christ Jesus, our LORD!

Do you know this FREEDOM?
If so, can you think of any other Scriptures that lend to this thought... I've been searching and could hardly settle on just one.  I would love to hear what you come up with..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...