Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

About those cookies...

. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ... .. .... . .. .. .. ... . .. ..  .

{Rachelle's} Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup oil
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 T. milk
1 tsp. cream of tarter
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups flour**
12 oz. chocolate chips

Cream butter, oil and sugars until fluffy.
Add egg and dry ingredients. Mix well.
Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350* for 12-15 minutes.
Enjoy!!

***
Rachelle is one of my dearest, in-real-life friends.  I'm so blessed to know this gal.  She is so sweet, sincere, all kinds of wonderful and well...I could go on.
Anyway.  One evening, after our kids were already in bed, we decided to get together to have a cup of talk (coffee!), as we don't live too far apart from one another.  Getting together with her, though, doesn't get to happen as often as it should.  We're both busy Mama's.  She has three little girls - the same age as my baby Jayne and younger.  Two of them are twins.  :)  Somehow, she found time and went ahead and made up a batch of these cookies prior to my coming over.  SaWEET!!

Immediately upon biting into one of these fabulous cookies I knew I needed the recipe.  When she handed it off to me she said, "I know you."  "You'll probably change it up somehow or some way." :) (She does know me!)  I wasn't planning to, but she's right. I did change it up.  Only because I had too.

**I ran out of all-purpose flour while making these, yesterday, so I used 1 cup of bread flour and 1 cup of Whole Wheat Pastry Flour to replace two of the four cups of flour this recipe calls for.  That's all.
Pinky promise!

They sure are yummy, but they're not quite as scrumptious as when Rachelle made them... I can tell you that much.

But, I do thank her and credit her for this recipe.

My kids and hubby thank her, too!!  Need I say it again?  Cookies are vital to life!!
Yumm.  Yumm.

3 comments:

  1. All I am gonna is OH MY, I am gonna try this one... and I don't even like Chocolate Chip Cookies but the family does... but I will try one.... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those look delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious, Bevy and there is something so wonderful with sharing tea and recipes with friends... Have a great Sunday, dear..xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...