Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

but for a moment...

. .. ... ... .. ... ... ... ... .. .. .. .. .. .. . . .. .. ... .  
Across the fields we could see a tree...
So pretty and white.

I faintly remember it from past Springs.  I knew it wouldn't last...because flowering trees rarely do. :)
I was curious.

Conditions were just right and so was the time of day.
Let's go.  I said, to my two little blessings.
So, the other day - my girls and I took a little stroll.  Hand in hand...

We followed our nose(s)...
Got wet little toes-es
Around the muddy green yard and along the fenced in field.


Mock Orange??

I ask.. only because I'm not 100% sure.  Somebody, tell me!
It really did smell, so nice.
What a pleasant stroll for a mid-day afternoon...pick-me-up!
This was one-day, last week.  Today it's gone!!
But, not the memories nor the photos. :)

I'm learning.  Sometimes you just have to take but for a moment - because that too, will soon be gone!
***

Congrats to Connie S. for winning Monday's Giveaway!
I'll get that out to you, Connie, just as soon as I am able.



6 comments:

  1. Omgoodness Bevy... the photo of the girls is adorable... the trees are beautiful too... and oh my I am so excited if Connie S. is me... if not congrats to the other Connie S. :) have a great day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos ! Oh I can just imagine the smell from those perfect little flowers on that tree in your photos ! We have a blossom tree or better known as a crab apple tree that blooms a lovely little fushia coloured flowers and smells wonderful and hums because of all the bees pollinating in it lol ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? I wonder if it ain't a crab apple tree... the thing is, is that I have never wandered over to this tree in all the years we lived here on this farm... just to check it out further. We gals might need to do another stroll, in the future, to see if it is really is a fruit bearing tree... and crab apple at that. I would have such fond memories of an old crab apple tree while growing up - on my grandparents place.

      You're bringing back memories now... Country Gal. ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow, such a beautiful photos. You make me happy wit it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We miss living in the country so much! Thanks for taking me on a stroll near a pasture this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...