Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Happy Birthday, my Son!

 . .. .. . ... . .. ... . . ... .. .. .. .... .. .. .. . ... .. .. . . . .. . .

I, as a mom, have spent the past couple of days - pondering the I-can't-believe-this-young-boy, of ours, is-turning-seven thoughts.  Yes! folks.  Today, is his day.  We have been so looking forward, so hearing about this coming day, and here we are!

Seven!

A lot of wonderful things could be said about, our son, Caleb.  He is growing into such a fine young man. A wonderful big brother...(usually) always amiable. Playful.  Imaginative.  Smart.  He's got the memory of an elephant.  He loves Scouts.  And anything "outdoorsy".  I quote: I want to be a Sportsman, when I grow up.  He just told us this the other evening... and I believe it.  He's been begging to go hunting - with Daddy! He is always found either on his bike or with a bat and ball in each hand.  And, music- in general! The interest taken here. Oh my!.. its just another very natural part of this young man's heartbeat and make up.  I love watching, hearing him, come into his own with this one.

The most important and equally special thing that Caleb has done this past year, was in making a personal decision to follow Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour!  He answered the Lord knocking on his heart's door in October of 2013.  We, as parents, believe he is and continues to be very sincere about this - and we walk with him, as we all know this isn't... this isn't an easy road.

He is growing - at the speed of light, I swear.  And teeth are coming in as fast as they are going out.  ((sigh))

The thing I love most about my son... is that he STILL wants and willingly holds my hand.  He opens the house door for me, the car door and will often come up to me from out of nowhere with a hug and a kiss - telling me I'm the best Mamma in the world.

Do we have our moments?  Oh sure!   But let me tell you...

One thing.

If the next seven years go through, as great!!  Wow!  What a blessing...

We love you, Son!

Happy 7th Birthday!
****

UPDATED to add:

This kid put his mama to the test, on specifics for a cake.  It had to be a chocolate cake, rectangle, with chocolate icing.  White icing writing and swirls.  Oh, and he wanted a Lego Cake!

So, off I went to the candy store looking for "lego candy" - I knew they were out there!!  Boy!... was he ever surprised?

We had a very, nice Birthday celebration with Grandma Susie (Scott's mom) and an Aunt and Uncle (of Scott's) from NY - here.  Grandma Rhoda (my mom) was also here, with more aunts and uncles as well as two of Caleb's cousins.  Nothing like a meal request (special birthday!) of hot dogs, done on the grill, and mom's homemade macaroni salad...and all the fixin's.

Easy, simple and delish!!


12 comments:

  1. Oh, the years go so fast! Your boy is beautiful. Keep holding his hand, keep cuddling him, get it all in while you can. Have a great week, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your description of Caleb, especially, "its just another very natural part of this young man's heartbeat and make up ".
    I has been such a pleasure to be apart of watching him grow, too (almost from birth!).
    Give him a hug from me and tell him, I hope he has a great day and God loves him.
    Precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Caleb! I have tears in my eyes.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Caleb ! Lovely photos of lovely looking kiddos ! We are empty nesters our kids are all young adults now off living their lives they do grow up so fast ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your Caleb! Oh, Bevy...the next seven will be wonderful! (I've experienced this first hand nearly four times over)...these are precious, precious days. They all are! Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  6. The next seven will be just as special, Bevy...they truly will. Maybe in different ways...but still just as special in their own right. Happy Birthday sweet Caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, sorry I haven't been around for a long time. We haven't had internet. I just have it in a limited way on my phone and with it I have visited here once in a while.

    We have had a lot of family crisis going on in the past year and two moves. And a lot more. Some that I have mentioned on my blog when I have had the chance to go to a library and use the internet there. :) I am back I think so I will be able to visit more often.

    Happy birthday to that sweet boy, I hope he had a wonderful one. :)

    Take care, Janet W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Janet - so nice to see your "face" here again. I've missed you!! Glad to hear how you've been...

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday Caleb... I hope your day was full of fun... and lots of cake and ice cream...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cake...and his meal request!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...